f0rtÿ-tw0

I tried carrying the weight of the world, but I only had two hands.

avicii

"Mud-cake, cheesecake, banana bread!" Came the order, the loud voice ringing through the small cafe. Three plates were passed across to my bench, and I grabbed the first one.

Banana bread. I made a small swirl of whipped cream and shoved a yellow flower beside it, sitting the tiny butter bowl next to the swirl and pushing the plate onto the service bar.

Mud-cake. A decorative pattern of topping, red flowers, push to service bar.

Cheesecake. Swirl of cream, topped with caramel, white flower, icing sugar, push to service bar.

The waiter appeared out of nowhere and grabbed all three plates, balancing them precariously in his arms and disappearing.

I heard a sigh behind me, and I turned. Tim had pulled his apron over his head and hung it on the rack. "Hey."

He didn't reply. "Tim?"

Again, silence. He turned to face me, his eyes sad. "My sister told me that you had also hurt your brother."

My breathing hitched, and he took it the wrong way. "Its true?"

"Tim, no! I couldn't hurt him even if I wanted to!" My lungs felt tight.

He glared at me. "My sister doesn't lie."

"But my brother does!"

He sighed. "Olivia, I've seen the hate in your eyes. Its hard to believe you wouldn't have hurt him back, not with all that... all that fury raging within you."

"Please Tim." I sobbed.

"Mud-cake, blueberry muffin!"

He looked down. "I can't see you anymore. My sister will hate me forever. She loves your brother."

"I love you." I said quietly, my tears drying.

"You lied."

"I didn't, Tim."

He left without another word, and my heart broke without a sound.

_

Comment your thoughts on this heartbreaking matter! Will Tim realise the truth alone, or will Olivia have to do something?

BTW, I am in the process of moving house and my new house has no internet, so I can't publish. I can only publish when I'm at my old house moving stuff and cleaning, so there will be delays. But as a positive, because of the lack of internet, I have more time to write! please be patient with me, i love you all for reading this story.

Till next chapter, munchkins!