f0rtÿ-sïx

It was 12:48pm when I arrived at the prison. My hands were clammy with sweat and my fingers twitched, my heartbeat was quicker and my senses were on high alert.

But he can't hurt you here, I thought, yet my mind which has only ever known pain wasn't put at ease. Every strange noise that found its way into the small waiting room I was standing in made me jump and made my eyes dart around; my bruises were aching and my burns were tingling. Everything was heightened here, including my pain and my fear.

I can't do this, I thought, my mind panicking and my breath ragged.

I looked up at the digital clock on the gray rendered wall.

12:54pm.

I clasped my hands together tightly, squeezing them mercilessly. I felt my joints crack and loosen and I let out a brief sigh, and then my lungs contracted and again felt restricted.

My whole body was tense; with a mix of fear, anticipation, pain and worry.

What would I find behind the thick pane of glass, the only thing that separated me from the brother that had no heart, or at least none that beat for me?

I took in another breath, just as a small dinging sound bounced off the grey rendered walls and the digital clock ticked over to read 1:00pm.

_

What DO you think she may discover?

Comment your thoughts below!!!