fïftÿ-tw0

It was Friday.

I had three Weetbix and milk for breakfast before I headed out for a walk around the city before my shift began.

I walked to the library again, finding the same spindly old woman that had cast me out last time.

"I won't fall asleep this time." I chuckled softly. She smiled crookedly at me and waved me in.

Her eyes were content and held no pity or sympathy.

Maybe standing up for myself was a good thing, I thought, winding through the bookshelves to the young adult section.

I sat down on a little beige seat, leaning back on the faux leather. I grabbed the first book that caught my eye.

The City's Son by Tom Pollock.

I opened it up to the first chapter and began reading, my eyes darting over the pages.

I was interrupted at page 32.

'Its fine,' Beth stuttered, furious with herself for caving in so easily. 'I'll - I'll find some way to- I'll sort it.'

I could hear someone on the other side of the bookshelf, their fingers trailing across the spines slowly. I heard them breathe in, a deep breath, and I saw the shoes through the gap at the bottom.

Vans, worn from being scuffed across the ground.

I glanced back down at the page, reading again.

"Olivia?"

He broke. Its what people do.

I glanced up at his blank face, without a twinkle or a smile. Blonde hair poked down into his vision, past his blue eyes, his red beanie lopsided above.

I looked back down at the page.

But people also heal.

_

Comment your thoughts below!!! Who is he? You all should know that haha! what a coincidence he's in the same spot as Olivia? why is he there too?

Its a good book by the way, and I'm only on page 55 as I'm writing this