tŵënty-thrëë

Courage isn't having the strength to go on - it is going on when you don't have strength.

napoleon

Tim must have seen me tense. "Whats up?"

I pointed to the person, my finger trembling.

Along with the remainder of my being.

"Oh. You go behind, I'll see if its him."

I nodded, quickly darting away into the kitchen.

I stood at my bench, looking out at the customers through a glass panel that you could only see through from our side.

Tim was grabbing a waiter notebook and pen, and then he walked casually over to the man with the dirty blonde hair.

Except it wasn't casual, because he was trembling too.

Why? I thought, dusting a plate of cookies.

He stood in front of his table, and I saw him swallow by the bob of his Adam's apple.

He took his order and came back, coming around to me.

"Its not your brother." He smiled wide and hugged me. "Some other guy."

I felt my body relax with relief. "Thank you so much." I smiled. "But why were you trembling?"

His cheek flushed pink. "I didn't want you to get hurt again."

I stood up on my tiptoes, raised my arm, and dusted his hair net with icing sugar. "I would have missed you."

"No, you wouldn't have." He said, laughing. "I was always going to be there."

_

Aww lucky