f0rtÿ-0në

We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create.

john lennon

The next day I had work, so after breakfast I shrugged on my coat and left.

I walked down the street to work with my arms crossed over my body, careful not to push onto my fresh bruises. I shouldered the door to the cafe open and headed inside, around to my workbench.

My boss was there, leaning against the stone benchtop, a grin on her face.

"Collins!" She greeted, standing for me. She held out her hand and I shook it, taking off my coat and replacing it with my apron.

"How are you, sweetie?" She said. I glanced at her badge. Miranda Bedworth.

I looked up at her. "Good, you?"

She nodded. "Fine." Madge took a breath. "You missed a shift yesterday, sweetie."

I gulped. "Yeah, sorry."

She raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

My breath hitched in my throat. What did I say?

Oh, my brother kidnapped me and started beating me but its okay because he's probably in jail now.

Familiar hands gripped my shoulders. "I took her away to a park yesterday. We both forgot." said Tim, coming to stand beside me. He took my hand and squeezed it comfortingly.

"Oh." Madge said, sounding sceptical. She shrugged and moved away from my bench. "Well, Tim and Olivia, don't miss work again without notifying me, or I might have to consider your positions." She gave us a warning look and left.

I sighed. "Thank you, Tim."

He smiled softly and kissed my cheek. "Anything for you."

_

Comment your thoughts below!