05

"So, uh how old are you?"

Chan's thoughts were disturbed and he looked up from the paper and at Jeongin who just asked a question.

"Oh- I'm twenty-one."

Jeongin just nodded. Chan could tell he wanted to ask so many questions just by the look on his face.

Chan observed him while he ate and all he could think about was why the hell someone wanted this innocent looking person dead.

His thoughts were disturbed once again when his phone in his pocket buzzed.

jaebum hyung

today, 10:12

> i'm guessing u understand why i left now
> ure lucky u don't have to chase after him he's in ur fucking house
> finish him quickly then meet me later

k <
seen

Chan placed his phone on the counter then went to go get a glass of water.

Even though he told Jaebum he was going to kill him, something deep down inside him was telling him not to.

He looked at the younger from the kitchen. The more he looked at him the more conflicted he felt.

He needed to know more about him and find out why he was a target. Even though he never asks why he has to kill someone, for Jeongin he feels as if he has to know.

"Hey, Jeongin?" Chan said as he walked back to the dining table.

"Yeah?"

"What were you doing out so late last night?" He said as he sat down in front of him.

"I was going to my friends house because my mom didn't want me home." He sighed.

Chan's cold heart ached for a split second at the sight of Jeongin feeling sad.

"Why didn't she want you home?" He questioned.

"Because these scary guys were at my house and they were arguing with my dad and I think they were talking about me." He replied.

"Do you know what your dad does? For work I mean?"

"No. why are you asking-"

"Just wondering."

"Classic, his dad is obviously affiliated with a gang, he did something wrong for example  isn't paying them money back and they want me to kill his son as a consequence."  Chan sat back in his seat and smirked to himself at how quickly he found that out, but then again, he gets cases like this all the time.

Chan looked at Jeongin for one millionth time today.

His brain was so conflicted. Sitting in front of him right now was forty five thousand dollars and all he had to do was easily take him out right here.

But sitting in front of him was also a cute innocent kid that doesn't even know why someone wants him dead.

"Shit I can't do this," "Jeongin where's your house, I'll take you home right now." Chan said and grabbed his keys from the counter.

"Hyung..." Jeongin mumbled.

"What?"

"I don't wanna go home, can I stay here with you?"

Chan looked at him in shock. "What? Why."

"I don't want to go back to my parents who obviously don't want me." Jeongin said with his face becoming sad. "Please just let me stay, I won't be a bother." He said with puppy eyes.

Chan looked at him and for the first time in his life puppy eyes had an actual effect on him.

"F-fine only for today."

~~

happy new year 🥳
let's hope 2019 will be a good year !! 🥰