35

"You're lying..." Jeongin mumbled after hearing what he said.

"No Jeongin. I'm not lying. I'm telling you the truth." Chan sighed. "You're a target worth seventy-five grand."

Jeongin stayed silent, he couldn't process this information he just heard. He wasn't expecting anything like this at all.

The silence made Chan nervous. He has no idea what the younger is thinking. He could be thinking anything.

"A-are you going to kill me now?" Jeongin said with his voice shaking. "You didn't succeed the first time when you hit me with your car, what's taking so long for you to try again." He said quietly. His vision became blurry because of the tears now welling up in his eyes.

Jeongin's heart was starting to hurt. All he could think about is what if Chan really does want to kill him and that this relationship is one sided.

That the only reason they're dating is so that he could eventually kill him.

That he's so utterly in love with someone who doesn't care about him at all and wants him dead.

"Jeongin-"

"Do want to kill me?" Jeongin cried. "Do you really not like me at all? Has this whole thing just been fake?!"

"Jeongin no, stop this." Chan said. He picked him up then carried him to the couch. He sat them down then cradled him on his lap while wiping the tears off of his face. "There's no way I could kill you, no way."

Jeongin just sat there, stayed quiet and tried to stop crying. Once he calmed down, he relaxed and enjoyed the feeling of being him his arms.

"Do you really really love me, Chan...?" Jeongin mumbled. "Because I really really love you."

"Yes Innie, I really really love you." He said and kissed the younger's forehead. "That's why I've been busting my ass trying to protect you from people who do want to kill you."

"Like who?" Jeongin asked. He was actually confused on who tried to kill him and how he hasn't noticed.

"People like Changbin and Jaebum."

"Oh..." Jeongin replied. Maybe that's why he found Changbin so scary.

"S-so what about my parents?" Jeongin asked. He felt like crying again. "Are they in danger because of me? Is that why they went to Japan? Why did they leave me for months?"

"Don't worry, none of this is your fault, it's theirs." Chan replied.

He felt bad seeing Jeongin so sad and confused. He can only imagine how overwhelmed he was feeling.

Jeongin wanted to ask Chan if he knew why he was a target, but he didn't feel like crying anymore today.

He sighed and melted into the older's arms, listening to his heartbeat as it calmed him down.

"I'm still going to Japan with you guys whether you think it's a good idea or not."

Jisung and Hyunjin look up at the younger who was standing in front of their table in shock.

"I'm guessing Chan told you." Hyunjin said.

Well, Chan didn't really tell him anything about the trip. They only talked about how he is a target, but whatever.

"Yeah, he told me I'm a target and your boyfriend tried to kill me!" Jeongin said to Hyunjin.

"I didn't know he was trying to kill you," Hyunjin said. "He only told me recently, he's not trying anymore so don't worry."

Jeongin rolled his eyes and sat down in the empty chair.

"Are you sure, you want to go to Japan though?" Jisung said. "Chan won't always be around, and that's dangerous."

"But I want to see my parents again." Jeongin said.

"Its risky. You're in danger because of them Jeongin." Jisung said to him. "You wouldn't be in this mess if your dad didn't screw around with the mafia."

"I-is that's why I'm a target?" Jeongin asked confused

"Yeah, didn't Chan tell you?" Jisung asked.

"I didn't really ask why..." Jeongin said quietly.

"Well, that's basically the gist of it." He replied.

"Shit." Jeongin mumbled under his breath. He had no idea his dad was caught up with some serious people like that.

After lunch, Jeongin really didn't wanna be at school anymore. He just really wanted to go home.

channie hyung

today 12:30

channie <

> yes baby

are you at work? <

> no just at home
> why

pick me up? <

> why

i don't wanna be here anymore <
i wanna go home and be with you <

> k
> coming
seen

Chan got to school in ten minutes. Jeongin quickly made his way to the car and sat down in the passenger seat beside him.

"I'm surprised you agreed to come." Jeongin said and Chan started driving away. "Usually you'd be telling me to stay at school."

The older just shrugged. "I felt bored at home so might as well."

They drove in silence for a bit more, until Jeongin decided to finally say what he's been thinking.

"Jisung told me I'm a target because my dad is affiliated with the mafia."

Chan nodded then stayed quiet and listened to what else he had to say.

"So that means my parents are pretty bad people, huh." Jeongin frowned. "They messed around then ran away and left their son as a target here to die."

"Well when you put it that way-" Chan started.

"Ahh, whatever. Let me just stop thinking about my asshole parents who left me and think of something else." Jeongin said and shook his head. "Thinking of them will only make me sad and angry."

"Okay then... wanna watch a movie?" Chan suggested. "It'll take your mind off things."

"Like a movie date!?!" Jeongin blushed and smiled. Him and Chan never really go on dates the thought of going on one excites him.

"Sure, like a movie date." The older smiled then began going the direction of the mall.

~~

this part was so hard to write idk why