1 • PILOT

PARKER SULLIVAN has given her whole life to hockey- to being a goalie

PARKER SULLIVAN has given her whole life to hockey- to being a goalie. When people thought of the name Parker, they never put it to the face of a girl; but, she was used to it. After years of being around the boys she basically was one. She thought like a guy, acted like one, the only difference was that she was actually a girl. People tended to ask her about any discrimination, and how it must be so hard; however, she could only shake her head in disagreement. The female hockey player never saw her situation as harder, she always felt like herself and happy. Forming bonds within her team was always easy anyways. There were never issues.

Hockey was what Parker loved, so having the chance to follow a path to the NHL; it seemed like a no brainer for her.

Parker remembered watching a group of boys practicing when she was 6 years old. She had begged her mom to take her to an open skate, and the local high school's team was finishing up. She thought it was enthralling how they could skate with such speed and do fancy tricks with their sticks. Little Parker had smushed her face against the glass, along with the palms of her hands on either side of her head. She stood their gawking. It was then, when one of the goalies skated over and tossed her a puck. In that moment she knew she just had to play hockey. m

That very next weekend she would be joining a group of kids her age to learn how to play. It was history from there.

"With the 3rd round, 83rd overall pick of the 2014 NHL Draft, the Chicago Blackhawks select from the United States National Team... Parker Sullivan."

Parker would be one of the first females to do this, go into the NHL, asides from Manon Rhéaume in the 90's. She hadn't even been at the Draft, she didn't think it was going to happen. Getting call made her emotional, more than she was used to being. The only question in her mind was if she could actually accomplish it.

Little did she realize that her future would be intertwined with the one and only Patrick Kane, and be changed forever.

•••

Parker Sullivan

♛Parker Sullivan♛

Patrick Kane

♛ 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 ♛i

♛ 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 ♛
i. maria i'm drunk — travis scott
ii. change — lana del rey
iii. goodnight n go — ariana grande
iv. stay — post malone
v. perfect — ed sheeran