5 • PATRICK KANE

PATRICK KANE

                PATRICK KANE. Parker may have been biased towards the Dallas Stars having grown up in Texas; but, being in the same room as one of the greatest hockey players to live, intimidated the hell out of her. She felt starstruck just staring at him, with her mouth slightly ajar as he walked into the restaurant. Everyone stopped what they were doing to shake his hand and try to start a conversation with him. He was just a big of deal as she always assumed.

Her eyes darted over him multiple times since his arrival. He was so much prettier then she always thought he was. Apart of her still hoped he would stay away from her for a little bit, he was making her heart race and feeling jittery. She was so ready to meet him until he actually stepped foot in the building..

It took what felt like awhile, but Patrick finally made his way over with a smile. His stride was long and confident with his eyes never leaving her.

"Patrick Kane." the winger stuck out his large hand Parker's way once he got to her. For once, he towered over another hockey player.

"Parker Sullivan." she did her best to give him a firm handshake, and not seem too taken back. Looking up and making eye contact made her voice seemed to be snatched right from her throat. The first thing she couldn't help but notice were his beautiful blue eyes that just stared her down.

"It's nice to meet you. How's it going?"

"Uh, pretty good..." Parker genuinely didn't know what to do or say next. The air around them was already growing tense as it was clear how awkward things were. First times meeting people were almost always.. not ideal.

Patrick had this clear feeling, or aura to him. He had this confidence that screamed legendary hockey player. He had the vibes where he knew he was talented and important. However, just from his smile alone she could tell he was kind. Parker liked to think she could read people like no other; and if this conversation wasn't ideal, she liked the feeling she got from Patrick. Even though he made her insides feel flustered from one look. He was attractive in his khakis, nice shirt and with his curls peaking out.

She normally didn't care much about impressing people, but Patrick and every other person in this room she knew she needed to. First impressions were important and Parker felt like she was blowing it.

"Well we're happy to have you here. If you need anything let me know." Patrick gave her a sweet smile before he hesitantly placed his hand against her arm as a friendly gesture. Parker smiled back at him, thankful that he put an end to the conversation before it could take a turn. He then made his way back over to Debrincat's table.

"Thanks.." she simply whispered feeling flustered. He definitely must have thought she was uncomfortable as he turned and made his leave pretty fast.

             Parker internally groaned and scolded herself for acting like such a child. She definitely just made a fool of herself in front of Patrick Kane and definitely didn't want to have to look him in the eyes anytime soon. What did he think of her? She did her best at trying to shake off the incredulous feeling of eyes on her.