10 • NEW COACH

PARKER FOUND Jeremy Colliton to be a pretty cool guy with a different outlook on the game

              PARKER FOUND Jeremy Colliton to be a pretty cool guy with a different outlook on the game. He made a point to come meet with her and take the time to talk, which definitely gave him some brownie points. He seemed genuinely interested in her and what she thought about what was going on within the Blackhawks. She knew he was going to have a hard time for a bit, coaching changes were always an adjustment. However, she couldn't imagine the uphill battle he was going to have with a team deathly loyal to Q and basically the same age as their new coach. But she felt that they'd be able to warm up to Jeremy quite easily, she already had.

"I think he's kinda hot.." Parker said matter of factly. Her and Alex were engaged in a conversation about their new coach; both of them were happy with Q's replacement as they liked how he was young and just different.

"Broo he's too old for you." He made a face. This was probably the first time he'd ever heard her talk about guys in that way. "go fuck our coach Pork. That would be a story."

"Pfft no. The man's married with kids I think." she crossed her arms and turned her nose up. "and that would be gross."

"I mean maybe now that I think about it.. but is he actually married?"

"Well there's a ring on his finger and his computer background in his office is a family picture sooo-"

"Damn what are you? A stalker?" the winger gave her a face.

"No," Parker immediately countered back, "all y'all gotta do is talk to him in his office and then clearly see it."

"Yeah yeah, whatever. You can keep telling yourself that."

              The two went quiet for a little bit, watching and taking in the bustling city that was down below. Raleigh was beautiful and up in coming; with both the culture and economy. Parker always felt it would be an amazing place to live, and it was decently south too. She stared out onto the tall buildings and couldn't help but smile.

Then, her mind wandered off to a certain right winger; and not the one she was with at the moment. Kaner. She wouldn't help but wonder what Patrick was doing right now. Even if her mind answered that by just knowing he'd be with his best friend..

"You know, this nice weather is great." Alex leaned back into a chair on the balcony of his hotel room. The sun was shining in Raleigh and it was much warmer than in Chicago.

Parker had gotten bored after breakfast so she came to visit him; but now realizing she accidentally admitted something he'd make fun of her for forever, it probably wasn't a good thing. And now they were talking about weather.., "it definitely is. Hm, what time's practice again?" she definitely didn't want Alex bringing up what she thought of Colliton any time soon.

"Noon, we have like two hours. Kinda getting hungry again, wanna go find something?"

"Don't see why not." Parker had her eyes closed, mouth slightly agape, and was soaking in all the vitamin D she could get. Being in this warmer weather made her think back to Texas; boy, she couldn't wait for when they got to play the Stars.