26 • QUESTIONS

PATRICK AND Parker laid together on a hotel bed in Edmonton after practice and dinner

              PATRICK AND Parker laid together on a hotel bed in Edmonton after practice and dinner. Parker was dead tired after back to back games in Buffalo then Minnesota. The two were very happy to see one another again and fell right back into their daily routine of- each other.

The right winger was carefully playing with his girlfriend's hair as she laid in the crook of his neck, one arm draped over his chest, and completely still. He could hardly tell, but figured that she had drifted off in his arms (which held her flush to him as he never wanted to let go). He was so happy when she got off the plane from Texas and went right to storytelling, absolutely talking his head off. He'd never forget the feeling of her grabbing his hands and pecking his cheek as they got into the car.

Looking down, Patrick never thought he'd be able to get over the view of her laying there (he was lucky). She looked angelic, her hair strewn down her back and some over her face. Her tiny breaths caused her chest to rise against his own. A small part of his shirt was even being gripped by the hand she had over him. Patrick wasn't sure how she could have fallen asleep in that position (it didn't look too comfy to him) but he didn't mind.

Slowly, Patrick felt her start to shift after half an hour of her being unmoving.

"You okay?" Patrick chuckled as she lifted herself up, looking at him confused before she looked around. Her hair was slightly messy, some in front of her face hiding the annoyed look.

"Uh yeah, sorry." she tried to move but found herself to be just too tired to. Parker laid right back down on top of him in her former position, almost admitting defeat to her exhausted self. She could barely even smile as Patrick hugged her tighter.

"Someone's tired."

Her body was practically aching and screaming for rest after these last few days. Parker felt limp against Patrick and purely unable (and unwilling) to move, while also being emotionally exhausted. Patrick's hands in her hair, on her skin drawing circles felt heavenly. She was completely content and relaxed with him, so happy they were getting alone time compared to the last few days of getting back into the season.

"No." she grumbled, nuzzling her face into his neck. Her breathing tickled against his skin making chills run down his spine, his heart feeling like it was about to burst out his chest.

"Comfy then?" he asked softly with a fond tone. They had barely gotten any time together today before she fell asleep. (which really, he couldn't complain about, because she was adorable like this).

"Mhmmm," she said quietly, almost inaudible against him.

Parker looked up and into his blue eyes. She was always so captivated by them, or really just him in general. She hesitantly moved her hand against his stubbled cheek and hoisted her body so she was on top of him. The air around them went silent, including the sound of the tv, as the two lovers stared froze and stared. Patrick drew her closer to him so their lips were mere inches apart. After a split second (or an eternity for Patrick), Parker pressed her lips against his. It was a slow and immature kiss, soft little pecks over and over, until Patrick tangled a hand into her locks; keeping her from moving away. The kiss immediately deepened, becoming sensual, filled with a pent up desire.