24 • OFF WEEK PT1

HER BAGS were packed; she was only bringing a simple backpack and hockey bag home with her

              HER BAGS were packed; she was only bringing a simple backpack and hockey bag home with her. Parker had plenty of things to wear back in Texas, wasn't like she'd be doing too much. She had an outfit to wear for a night out, casual dinner.. but there were definitely comfy clothes for her back home so she didn't need to worry about bringing any. Chargers; check. Toiletries; check. Anything her parents wouldn't have for her anymore she'd bring. Her stomach was filled with excitement, this was the first time she was able to pack with time to spare rather than rushing.

"You have everything?" Patrick was sitting on the loveseat in the corner of her room, watching hockey highlights on his phone. The man didn't seem to know what headphones were.

"I hope. Only a week though so if I forget anything it won't be a big deal."

"True. When do you need to be at the airport again?"

"Like thirty minutes. Pat I'm soo excited." she smiled as she went through her bags again.

"I can tell. Have any plans yet?"

"Not that I know of. Though I'm sure there's an itinerary I just don't know about it."

"Probably." Pat watched her with a adoring eyes. This was all she'd been talking about the last couple days, getting to spend quality time with her family. He was happy for her, figured she'd tell him all about whatever they did. But it was hitting him that these people were going to want to meet him at some point, this could one day be his family too. That was nerve wracking.

"Also, it may not be too warm there right now but it'll be much better than here." she chuckled, "sweater weather rather than getting frost bite."

"Well I'll be in California-"

"Okay we get it, no reason to rub it in."

Patrick got up from the chair and walked over to Parker who was standing at the edge of her bed with her back to him. She was standing over the luggage, so he went and wrapped his arms around her waist, "hey!" she jumped not expecting him to do that. Patrick squeezed and turned her around so she was facing him. Taking a hand to lift her chin up as he said, "probably should get going now so you're not late."

Her mind was a jumbled mess as he stood in front of her, her heart felt like it was going to explode, "have fun not seeing me for a week" The contact he always initiated made her weak in the knees and feeling so lucky to have him.

"I mean you did ignore me for a week so.." Patrick leaned down to press a kiss to her forehead with a smile. He was yearning to hold her since he wouldn't be able to for a bit.