15 • NIGHT IN

"GLAD I'M the only reason you're basically alive

"GLAD I'M the only reason you're basically alive." Parker said as her and Patrick were, once again, eating the dinner she'd made. It was funny how he always found his way to her apartment as he got hungry- unusual how that happens. Except she couldn't complain; it meant she got to see him more. She'd keep making home-made meals if it meant being closer to him.

"It's not like you want to eat all this food right? I'm just helping out."

"You're doing me such a service Pat."

"Gotta help where I can." he shrugged, "also do you really wanna be eating alone all the time? Gets pretty boring."

"Better than dealing with you and your old ass." she smirked.

"I happen to have a pretty great ass, thank you very much."

"God you're so annoying!" Parker groaned at his, joking, self centered comment. He had this cocky grin plastered on his face, that made her feel hot. She adored him and the confidence he carried himself with. Her times with him were always stress free and guaranteed to have fun conversation.

"You like it though." his words made Parker look away and blush.

"Not one bit." Parker was growing anxious; with heading to Dallas around the corner and the oddities with Patrick. Things were fine, but the aura that surrounded them held more.

Around him, Parker felt like her stomach was constantly in knots. She couldn't help but avoid eye contact as she was wracked with nerves and emotion. Slowly, she started wanting to make sure she looked good and didn't do anything too stupid around him. Having always felt comfortable around guys and never feeling the need to live up to one's expectations, this was an unusual way for her to feel.

Patrick was starting to clean up his plate when he said, "So what do you want to do?"

"Hmm?" Normally, he would leave after eating not necessarily sticking around too long. She wasn't expecting him to want to hang out without talking about it earlier.

"We could do something. Hangout.. I don't know.." They had very similar likes and it didn't take long to find that out. Since they both enjoyed to play video games, they
started giving each other company with that. Finding someone who was on the same wave length as you felt nice; Parker had someone who shared a lot of her opinions was down to do whatever she wanted.

"Yeah sure!" Parker saw the tinge of pink rise on his cheeks as he looked slightly scared to ask his question. She thought it was strange that he'd be cautious to ask her to hangout; she was always very straight on and could ask anything easily, "let's watch a movie or something I'm not in the mood to go anywhere."