2 • PARTY

may 2018

may 2018

LOUD MUSIC was blaring within the two floored frat house. People were strewn throughout; on couches, in the kitchen, and even out in the back. Girls grinded on the boys around them while they showed off the beers they held. Downstairs the air was musty with smoke.. The stench of weed and alcohol was strong, but normal for college kids- some now college graduates.. Tonight was like, one last hoorah, that they'd all be together and able to party before the real world caught up. For the kids who weren't graduating though, this was a goodbye.

Parker Sullivan sat upstairs on the couch besides her friend Cooper, now former teammate. She took a long sip of her four lokos. This party was supposed to be invite only; but some people didn't care about that, and it was starting to heat up. Obnoxious kids who had no place in the college hierarchy of the University of Michigan, who weren't even associated with the hockey team, always showed up. Parker despised some of the girls who stepped in through the door, but they flocked to her because they wanted to be just like her. Parker seemed like the it girl to girls who didn't know her. She was perfect looking, smart, fun, seemed sweet and had that recognizable southern accent. She may be all that, but being in the spotlight wasn't always her thing. She also wasn't a girly girl like the ones who surrounded her; she was good with her boys.

For Parker, alcohol meant having a good time. She was already a fun person, willing to do anything for the kicks of it. Whenever she was drinking, everything was heightened for her, she laughed and smiled more than usual. She had no fear to dance to any music and talk to anybody standing by. But she loved these parties because from what she could remember, they were always her favorite memories. These nights she didn't have to worry about being a hockey player- and especially right now, since she'd be making her way to the Blackhawks camp to hopefully get a place on the team.

"Pork, wanna 'nother drink?" Cooper slurred, which included her notorious nickname. Cooper and Parker were squished together on the couch with a few other teammates. They were watching some weird movie as the song Get Low by Lil Jon covered over the actors speaking.

"Heck yes." the two college graduates were best friends, rooming together since they met freshman year. They frequented all the parties thrown and could always be seen having a good time with their other housemates and teammates. The athletes got through their long weeks of school because of these very parties.

Parker wasn't sure exactly how many drinks she had. Two of her own, but sips of her friend's too. Her mind was hazy and things spun when she made any sudden movement; the night was getting her closer to what she was used to. She was planning on using this Friday night to drink more than normal. Things could be getting crazy in the upcoming months and she wanted to have fun before going cold turkey, if she had to.