12 • 30TH BIRTHDAY

side note- i love this gif

november 19, 2018

                     WAKING UP, it was official to Patrick Kane that he was no longer in his 20's. He was 30 years old now, and it was weird because he sure didn't feel it. He didn't wake up feeling any different than when he fell asleep, but things were going to be different whether he liked it or not. He was no longer the young star as he was now one of the veterans, and he wasn't sure how he felt about it. No matter what though, he wasn't planning on letting his age slow him down. Over the summer he had changed how he worked out, he was trying to change how he ate. Pat was definitely dedicated on being able to keep up with the fast pace of the NHL for as long as humanly possible.

At least last night's win against Anaheim, and having a goal, made the 'big 30' not as bad. However, he remembered very clearly, the groan that escaped his lips as he realized what day it was. There were multiple texts for him to wake up to; all wishing him a 'happy birthday', and telling him to 'have a good day'.. and 'not to worry' about his new age. He found it all quite amusing but it still left a sour taste in his mouth.

"Pat! Can we please get going?" He heard his youngest sister, Jackie, call out. She sounded impatient,

"Coming!" He slipped on a nice sweater that paired nicely with his jeans, or so he thought it did.

His parents and one of three sisters, Jacqueline, were in town for yesterday's game and his birthday. They had come to practice earlier and were now trying to rush him to get ready to go celebrate. Patrick was used to going along with whatever his parents wanted. He wished his other two sisters could have come, but he couldn't complain, at least Jackie was here. His sisters were three of the most important people to him, he was deathly protective.

"Oh you look so handsome." Mrs. Kane, Donna, smiled at her son with much admiration and disbelief, "can't believe our oldest is 30 now."

Patrick attempted to duck away from his mother's grasp, but he wasn't fast enough, "I'm getting hungry let's just go."

"Our reservations are soon anyways," Jackie cut in, attempting to help her big brother out, "don't wanna be late," Tensions had been high lately in the family and she was worried for him. Not that he was letting stuff affect him, he was the primary cause for most of it. The damn man had to go and try to distance himself and be difficult.

Family did mean a lot to Patrick though. However, this wasn't what he wanted to be doing on his birthday. He wasn't huge on celebrating or making a big deal out of him getting older, and an awkward dinner didn't help. Honestly, he wanted to be spending time by himself or at least trying to see Parker. The fact his mind was on that girl had to mean something to him. Lately she's all his mind ever was on.

The four members of the Kane family were seated at one of the highly regarded restaurants of Chicago.

"So Patrick," Mr. Kane started as he was peering through the menu, "any new women in your life?"