25 • OFF WEEK PT2

SITTING IN his hotel room in San Jose, after all the weekend festivities, Patrick was exhausted

                     SITTING IN his hotel room in San Jose, after all the weekend festivities, Patrick was exhausted. He loved All Star Games, he got to play more hockey and purely for fun. The thought of skipping one or not going made his stomach churn.. but it didn't stop him feeling like it made the week break he got nonexistent. Instead of seven days, he was getting about four to himself, and because of when their break took place in the week, there was no point in going anywhere else.

Patrick hadn't gotten to talk to many people outside of his family, because they were in San Jose, and he felt horrible about it. He preferred to text people normally but just hadn't had the time. Which felt like an excuse, but when it came to Parker he would move buildings to have the time. Parker. He missed that idiotic girl who made him smile and laugh at the stupidest things. Even the smallest time apart was now showing him the impact she had on his life in such a short time n

In a way, Parker was everything. Beautiful, funny, smart.. damn good at hockey. She could make him laugh and feel like no one else; to Patrick falling this hard for a younger girl, because it was her was worth it. He was lucky to be able to call such a girl his.

Patrick then grabbed his phone, and his finger ghosted over the names in his phone as it reached a certain someone. He quickly pressed on the one name that he couldn't get out of his head, 'Parker':

            The phone immediately began to ring. It rang a few times before a familiar voice sounded on the other end;

"Hey!!" she sounded tired but even he could sense the happiness through the phone. They maybe texted twice the last few days, it wasn't the greatest feeling for Patrick, feeling out of the loop that was her life.

"Hey, how's everything going?" he smiled into the phone hearing his girlfriends voice, his stomach lurching, "sorry we haven't talked much at all-"

"We're both busy it's fine!" Parker chuckled on the other end of the line, "but it's been fun so far, glad to be home.. sorta getting overwhelmed by the fam but oh well."

"Figured from that video you sent me the other day. I hope you're well.."

"I am I promise."

"Good.. you watched right?" he said, alluding to the last two nights. Whenever he was out on the ice, or really doing anything, he thought about her.

"Well no one good was playing so-"

"Oh shut up." Patrick knew she was probably grinning wherever she was, probably cracking up. He missed seeing her face light up as she made dumb jokes or sarcastic remarks.