chapter one: welcome to marvel, baby!

"Dad do I have to come with you to set for this movie? I mean you're literally in like two scenes." I asked.

Robert turned towards me and rolled his eyes, "Oh come on honey! You need to meet the Marvel cast! All of us go to the first day of shooting for every Marvel movie! And I think it's time they finally meet you."

"I guess that's reasonable. But I'll probably be reading the whole time." I shrugged as we headed to the car.

"That is, if you can keep your eyes off Tom." He smirked.

"Who's Tom?" I asked impatiently as we drove off.

"Tom Holland. He plays Spider-man in Homecoming. I think you'll like him." He rambled and I laughed.

"I'm not into British dudes, but thanks. I'm just going for Zendaya." I said and he mumbled 'fair point.'

We finally arrived to the warehouse looking set and headed inside. I walked behind him and he lead us to a big open room where I saw multiple movie stars.

"Holy shit." I gasped. Chris Hemsworth was even finer in person.

"Well if it ain't metal man himself." Chris fucking Evans said.

His eyes switched to me with a questioning look. I probably looked dumb. I mean, I was wearing ripped mom jeans, some converse, and a Queen shirt.

"Who's this?" Chris spoke loudly and everyone's attention shifted to me. Just great.

"That's my daughter, well, yeah, my daughter. The one I told you all about." Dad said. Scarlett Johansson got up and approached me.

"You said she was pretty, not drop dead movie star gorgeous!" She said and held my shoulders, looking at me.

I had done light makeup and put my curly hair into a bun, flyways lingering by my forehead.

"Yeah, geez Rob." Chris Evans said again.

Everyone returned to their conversations so I looked around. I walked into another large room where I saw Zendaya.

"Oh my gosh." I said so she would hear.

She looked over and away from another tall, beautiful girl.

"Who are you?" She asked politely.

"I'm Robert Downey Jr's daughter, and a big fan of yours!" I said and she let me hug her. She's was at least four inches taller than me.

"That's so sweet! You're stunning, by the way babe." She winked at me.

I felt honored. I was a peasant compared to her.

"I'm Laura, by the way. I'm just a character in the movie." She greeted. She seemed lovely.

"Bloody hell!" A high pitched British accent exclaimed as he walked out of a door.

"What's wrong with you, shorty. Actually, shawty sounds better." Zendaya said. I laughed a little bit.

"Lola just said she can't be in the movie anymore. Family stuff came up. Director said we literally have a few days to get a new one or the movie is gonna be delayed." He said. He was really freaking cute, and British, so he must've been Tom.

"I'll tell the rest of them." Tom huffed and headed into the next room. Zendaya and I followed him.

"Lola cancelled for the movie and we only have a few days to find a new girl or else the movie is being delayed." Tom said and everyone sighed. I looked to Dad who looked at me while speaking up.

"I know someone who could play the part." He said. Who on Earth would he know?

"Who?" Chadwick said from sitting in a chair, his legs up on a table.

"My daughter, Bella Rae." He gestured towards me. Once again, everyone looked at me. Just fucking great.

"You act?" Zendaya asked.

"Not that I was aware of." I shrugged. She laughed a bit.

"Well you should audition! You seem so sweet." She nudged me.

"No, my dad was just being silly." I smiled to her kindness.

"No, I'm serious. Bella you and I both know you can act." He pushed.

"You should go for it! You might as well since you're here." Scarlett said.

"Yeah!" Hemsworth said in a cheerful way.

"C'mon." Tom mumbled and half smiled at me. He looked like he was admiring me.

"I guess so!" I said with a small smile and everyone cheered.

"Tom, go read with her to Watts and see what he thinks." Zendaya directed and Tom nodded, while giving me a hand to follow him.

He lead us to an office where a stressed man was sitting at the desk.

"Already got one audition, sir!" Tom smiled and pointed to me. The man sat up and smiled at me.

"Wonderful!" He said and took out two booklets.

"It's the script. If you don't mind, go to page 42 and start reading from the top." He ordered. I did so and saw I'd be reading for Mikey, Spiderman's love interest. Great.

I read the lines with Tom and honestly, it felt perfect. We seemed to have great chemistry, in my opinion. After we finished, the director looked at us and smiled.

"Well that was easy." He said.

"What was?" I asked.

"You got the part!" Jon Watts cheered. My jaw dropped and I looked at Tom, who gave me a large embrace.

We ran out into the room where everyone had gone into and I yelled to Dad, "I got the part!" Everyone cheered and Scarlett, Zendaya, and Robert all gave me a big hug.

When Dad hugged me, he whispered in my ear, "Welcome to Marvel, baby!"

And gee, the places it would take me.