chapter seven: where's the mistletoe when you need it?

"Im really glad you're strong right now." I said. The water was more lonely and cold out here, and we weren't even out that far.

"Oh so I'm strong?" He teased.

"Shut up, you know you are." I laughed.

"Yeah, I try." He said.

"I have a feeling we're gonna be best friends." I said and wrapped my legs around his waist.

"Yeah, me too. That Lola girl seemed bitchy anyway." He referred to the girl who's spot I took.

I laughed and he joined in.

Once we stopped, our eyes met and I realized just how close we were. I could kiss him if I wanted to.

Then I just so happened to see a woman dressed in black with a camera aimed at us. Paparazzi.

"Tom, don't look now, but there's paparazzi watching us." I warned and he rolled his eyes.

"They always ruin shit." He sighed and we walked back towards the shore. I got two towels from the free towels rack and threw it to him as we dried off.

I check the clock.

"It's already 4:30!" I exclaimed.

"I guess time goes by fast when you're having fun." Tom said and sighed.

"Ain't that the truth." I added and we got into his car after we had both changed.

I put my hair into a ponytail after it dried, the curls getting annoying.

"So where is this pizza place?" He asked.

I told him the directions and we arrived shortly.

"Uncle Charlie!" I said and my uncle came out, all tall and muscular. He was in my mom's side, and I looked a bit like him.

"Bella! And who might this be?" He nudged towards Tom who was smiling but intimidated.

"This is my co-star. I'm gonna be in a movie!" I said and he cheered and hugged me. We got seated in a booth towards the back of the restaurant.

"You got some sun on your cheeks and nose." Tom said as we sat down, observing my face.

"Shit." I mumbled and looked down.

"No, it's fine. It looks cute." He complimented.

Damnit, Holland. Why you gotta be so charming?

"Thanks." I said quietly and blushed.

"You got tan." I said. He had gained a golden tint to his fair skin.

"For once in my life." He joked and we laughed a bit.

We ordered a big Hawaiian pizza, with banana peppers and all that jazz.

"Holy nut sack you were right." He said as he bit into the delicious pizza.

"I know, it's great." I said as I bit into the slice.

"So you and your dad don't look alike at all." He said randomly. Had someone told him?

"What?" I said and looked up.

"I just noticed you don't seem like father daughter, that's all." He said and look down guilty.

I wasn't ready to tell him, I wasn't ready to tell him, I wasn't ready to tell him.

"Yeah, we get told that a lot." I played it off and he nodded.

We finished eating after I asked him all about his life in London. England sounds cool as hell.

"Where do you wanna go now?" He asked since it was only 7PM. We still had four hours.

We could go zip lining and walk on the beach." I suggested.

"Sounds perfect." He smiled and we headed out.

We arrived at the zip lining and Tom insisted on paying, so I couldn't convince him otherwise.

We headed up the tower and I decided to go first. They hooked me in and in seconds it was like I was flying.

"WOO-HOO!" I screamed into the sunset and raised my arms high up.

I got to the other tower and waited for Tom, who seemed delighted from it.

"That was great!" He cheered as we went down the stairs. The zip line was on a beach so we just decided to walk there.

We took off our shoes and started walking.

"Watts seems really nice but strict." I said.

"Yeah, but I've been told he's a great director." Tom explained and I nodded.

He brushed up against my arm and I could tell he noticed something on it.

Shitshitshit

He looked down to my arm and his eyes widened.

"Is that a cigarette burn?" He questioned softly while staring at my arm.

I can't get out of this one.

"Tom, I need to tell you something." And so I did.

I told him all about my child hood and my abuse, and by the end, he wanted to kill my father.

"What type of man..." He mumbled and shook his head.

I smiled at him teary eyed.

"Please don't be upset." He stopped and looked at me.

"I'm okay, Tom, really." I wiped my eyes and smiled, looking down.

He did the little finger-lift-up-my-chin move and looked me straight into my eyes. His chocolate brown eyes looked like heaven.

"You know there's a kissing scene in the movie, right?" He mumbled very quietly.

I nodded and did a half smirk.

"We better practice." He joked and leaned in.

That was it. The night my heart exploded.

He kissed me.