chapter eighteen: safe in your arms

Today we were filming my stunt. Basically, in the movie, the Vulture was chasing me and Spider-man tells me to jump off a building.

I have to be caught mid air by Tom, so technically it's a stunt for both of us. If he messes up, I get to land on a big mattress.

Currently, my makeup was getting touched up as they prepared the set.

Tom looked at me with a thumbs up, and the cameras started rolling.

Switching to (my made up) movie scene lol rip

I ran as fast as I could down the New York City streets, but the large, bird-liked, robot man wouldn't stop chasing me. It's like I was bait or something, why me?!

Just then, I heard a sound I instantly recognized. My idol, Spider-man, was swinging from building to buildings so fast I could barely keep track.

He came forward, kicking and fighting with the guy. After all those comics and articles I read, I never imagined I'd ever see something with Spider-man so live action.

The Vulture now has men running at me at full speed, my heart began pumping faster.

Spider-man suddenly landed in front of me.

"See this building?" He pointed to the building next to us.

I nodded, unable to speak because of fear and nerves.

"If you want to live, and you can trust me, go to the top of it and jump off. I promise." That was all I heard from the oh-so-familiar voice before he was back to fighting.

The evil men ran even faster at me as I darted into the building and towards the stairs sign.

I opened the door and darted up the stairs so fast I couldn't believe it was me. The footsteps of the men thudded up the stairs behind me as tears welled in my eyes.

Was I about to die, as a 15 year old girl?

I realized I was near the roof and my legs were beginning to feel like jelly, but the men behind me motivated me to go even faster.

I reached the roof after what seemed like forever and ran to the edge.

I turned around and saw the men, climbing and walking towards me. Sweat gathered on my forehead as I did the thing I never thought I'd do.

I jumped.

My body freefalled for a few seconds before an arm wrapped around my waist. I looked over to see none other than Spider-man. He had done it, and saved me.

He went front building to building, before finally dropping me down at the Avengers tower.

"Go in there and tell them the situation, tell them we need Iron Man. And stay safe." He demanded before swinging off.

"That was great!" The director yelled. 

I smiled in pride and looked to Tom who was doing the same.

"That was nerve-racking." I said walking over to Jacob.

"It looked like it too, dude. I mean you literally just like risked your life." He said in agreement.

"But I caught her!" Tom exclaimed, walking over.

"If you didn't, the mattress does look kinda comfy." I shrugged and nodded to the mattress.

"I could say the same, blaze." A familiar voice said. I looked over and saw..dad?

"What are you doing here?" I asked, going over to him and hugging him. He always smelled like a flower field.

"Well, I'm in the movie in some parts, believe it or not." He said and I nodded.

"You're...you're Robert Downey Jr." Jacob said,  in excitement.

"In the flesh!" Robert teased.

"It is so great to meet you, I love your works." Jacob said in awe, shaking his hand firmly.

"Thanks kid." My dad always said stuff like that, making himself seem all cool. It worked though.

"Hey Tom." He looked to Tom and nodded, like a greeting.

"Hello sir." Tom said politely, before they both bust out laughing.

"I don't get it." I whispered to Jacob.

"Neither do I." He uttered back.

"Sorry, it's just when we were filming civil war, he would call me sir and it made me feel so old. Just, I don't know, funny stuff." My dad explained.

"Got it." I nodded and grabbed my water bottle, walking to my trailer.

I hopped in, putting some more powder on when Zendaya bursted through the door.

"Come with me right now." She ordered and I quickly got up, following her.

She lead me to Tom's trailer, which had been left alone since he was filming. We walked in a Zendaya went over to his couch, holding something up.

"Isn't this..yours?" She asked, holding up my hoodie.

"Yeah, I left it over here once when were playing Uno, his trailer gets really fucking hot." I said in truth.

She gave me a suspicious look, "If you say so." She shrugged.

She knew something was going on between us.