twelve.

the 31st is october was only seconds away. i had spent the last couple of days stuck planning a party for melanie. we were having it at six o'clock pm of course and most of us were stuck behind. I stood in my dorm next to gabbie as we held a bowl of water and feathers in our hands.

the clock struck twelve and gabbie dropped the water on mel and i threw the feathers on her.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" We screamed. She groaned looking up at me giving us a 'are you serious expression' the girls next door screamed aswell.

"Lupin if this is fucking you i swear to fucking god!" Tabifa screamed from next door. I shrugged.

I pulled my hand made gift out of my pocket and handed it to Melanie. "It's not much but like it's the only thing i could afford sorry."

My mum and dad were constantly working though we were quite poor. Remus and i would be left at home when we were younger and were we lived wasn't the most ideal area.

We'd always walk out together and the kids would try to hurt us. I have multiple bruises and scratches from them aswell as Remus.

Now looking back at it now Remus and i look very alike. Tall kinda skinny due to the lack of food from when we were younger. I'm not complaining certainly not but the way we grew up was different compared to James, Peter and Sirius.

Recon Sirius had it worse off though. I brushed my hair out of my eyes as Melanie started opening the box from me.

She pulled it out it was a knitted jumper my mum had made her. It was a yellow jumper with the word 'Thomas #1' etched in the back in white.

"Mum said she hopes you like it took her awhile." Melanie reached over and hugged me tightly where i smiled up at her.

"thankyou so much."

Gabbie then handed Melanie her present. It was a silver necklace with a locket attached to it. The locker had our names written on it and inside held a photo of us three.

grinning at us she hugged us tightly before we all went back to sleep again cause of classes which we had later in the day.

i woke up later and grabbed my glasses shoving them onto my face. i changed quickly and made my way out of the common room and to the great hall.

i slid onto the gryffindor table sliding to sit next to Sirius.

"It's the love of your life's birthday today." I said jokingly. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Yeah, yeah whatever."

Classes soon went by quick and the night came fast. I was stuck decorating the common room with the marauders and Ash while Gabbie distracted Melanie.

There was a couple other girls and boys some that i never tried to befriend helping. They must've been Melanie's friends from other houses. Although a bit strange how they found out we were decorating.

"She's coming!" A girl screamed. Multiple other people from behind her walked in and everyone hid behind objects in the room.

"-was it really necessary for us to go on a walk like yeah i might've nee-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Her cheeks flash red and she grinned at us.

Sirius started playing the music and people in the common room started dancing. It seemed as the night went on more people came.

Since it was halloween we requested everyone to be in costumes and boy did every come in costumes. There were people dressed up as zombies, vampires and all other weird things. A couple were even dressed up as muggles.

The marauders and i dressed up as our animus except for Remus. He wanted to do anything but remember that horrid time of the month.

Remus was dressed up as a vampire, Sirius as a scrubby dog, Peter as a rat, James as a dear and me as a doe. Always found it fascinating that out of all people i have the same protons and then animus with James.

i walked over to ash and sat next to him. he was talking to his sister and melanie at the time. wrapping an arm around me he pulled me closer. i leaned onto his chest.

The party soon ended and we were stuck cleaning up. I was picking up some rubbish when ash came over to me.

"hey a."

"hey love, wanna sleep with me tonight." I grinned looking at him.

"sure but we gotta go now so the boys don't notice." we snuck out of the common room and ran to the hufflepuff one.

He brought me up to his dorm with his other two roommates still asleep. "could i borrow a t-shirt." I asked quietly so i wouldn't wake the whole dorm up.

Nodding he quickly threw me a t-shirt and i slipped it on after undress to just my undergarments. He slid into his bed and i did too resting my head on his chest and with his arm wrapped around me.

"Goodnight love." He murmured.

"Goodnight A."

| THE SETUP |

authors note
kinda hated this
chapter lol sorry