thirty seven.

my head laid in james's lap as he played with it. we were on the hogwarts express going back home for the winter break. well we were all going to james's house.

"are you guys sure it's okay i bring my boyfriend?" melanie asked and we all hummed in agreement.

James hands stopped fiddling with my hair and he looked at her curiously and asked. "who even is your boyfriend?"

"Ryan Dean."

"Hufflepuff we died his hair green in second year." Peter explained and James nodded.

I began to dose off and all i remover before falling asleep was that a kiss was placed on my forehead.

"Y/N, love we're here now." Jame's voice softly said. I opened my eyes and James face was all i could see.

Grinning i pulled his head down softly so our lips would touch then got up form his lap. Along with the others we walked onto the station to spot the Elderly Potter Parents.

"Mia! Fleamont!" I exclaimed wrapping the two in hugs. Pulling away the others each gave them hugs. Except for Ryan. He shook their hands politely.

Once arriving at the Potter Manor we were all exhausted. After hours and hours of traveling. I laid in James's bed as he read through some parchment.

"Goodnight James's!" Sirius's voice rang from the room across us.

i chuckle before responding. "Goodnight."

I took of my glasses and James did aswell. Turning off the light i snuggled closer to him. "Goodnight Love."

"goodnight james." i responded then closed my eyes for the sleep that awaited me.

In the morning i went to reach out to touch James. but i only felt the cold covers in return. I picked up my glasses pushing them onto my face. There's was a piece of parchment in place of where James's glasses should be and i picked it up.

dear y/n,
the marauders and i have gone to buy a special gift. please do not get angry. i love you and i'll bee back around the afternoon. remus might come back beforehand. he's complaining about going already.
james x

hi it's sirius here i'm freaking out oh my merlin

i chuckled before placing the note down. Getting out of the bed i made it quickly then i grabbed clothes to get changed.

It was freezing now and the fireplace in the Potter household didn't do much help. when it came to the room upstairs. I made my way down the stairs which were cold at every touch and made me shiver.

"Good morning Y/N." Mia's voice rang as i walked through the door. I smiled pulling a seat out.

"Morning Mia."

"Would you like some tea dear? Also the boys said they'll be back in the afternoon so it will just be you, Melanie and Ryan."

"I would love some tea thankyou and yes James wrote me a note." I replied. Smiling she turned around and i picked up the daily prophet.

One family of muggles found dead. "Bad isn't it? Don't tell anyone but we believe something bad is about to happen."

"Yeah i believe so too." Shrugging it off she left to her bedroom.

I place the empty cup on the counter and made my way upstairs into James's room where i got changed. I got changed into a rainbow turtleneck and a denim skirt overalls.

Grabbing my wand i knocked on the door which Melanie and Ryan we're staying in. "Hi is anyone awake i'm gonna come in, in a couple of seconds."

"Yeah come in we're playing some muggle game." Melanie's voice spoke.

Curious i opened the door and they sat playing with a game boy. Chuckling i went in and sat beside them and joined in then we spent our remainder of the day playing it.

"Hello hello it's your favorite back, Sirius Black!" A voice rang from downstairs.

I was quick to get up my feet and i saw James and wrapped my arms around his neck kissing him in the process. "Hello James, boys where have you all been?"

"Somewhere." Remus replied.

I turned to him and hit him on the head lightly and he groaned. " Ouch! What was that for?"

"You should've came back early i was bored."

"We'll Love now we're all back." James said as he closed the door. I rolled my eyes and replied playfully.

"Pity."

| THE SETUP |