nineteen.

new year's eve came and by the time it had many students had come back. even though they didn't have to for a week. this meant my dorm mates were finally back and we'd get to spend the first seconds of the new year together.

although the marauders of course decided we should hold a party. currently this is where im stood. in a party in the gryffindor common room with some beer muggle borns snuck in.

remus and sirius were intoxicated and were dancing with each other in their drunk state. where peter went to bed and i quote "i want to sleep peacefully into 1978 this will be the only peaceful sleep i get in months"

i laughed at him. now it was only james and i stuck on a couch next to each other. the room too crowded to move. sweaty bodies against each other in more ways than i could ever imagine.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6-" the countdown began and i pulled james up laughing.

he flung his arm around my shoulders laughing in his semi drunk state. "3,2,1! Happy new year!"

i turned to the hazel eyed boy and kissed him lightly on the lips and i pulled away grinning. the night continued till the morning.

as i opened my eyes my head felt as if someone laid a million bricks on it. i grabbed my glasses shoving them onto my face.

"how hammered was i last night?" i asked melanie. she simply just chuckled and shoved a potion in my hands. a hangover potion i would imagine.

as i drank it my head began to feel lighter and i felt relieved. "do you remember anything happening last night?"

i placed the empty cup on the best side table and paused trying to figure out anything that happened last night. "peter went to sleep at ten?"

"do you not have any memory of anything else gosh y/n how drunk were you?"

"james gave me a lot to drink." i said while shrugging.

"go shower you stink."

after showing and changing into my most comfortable pants and my knitted jumper from my mum. hogwarts was absolutely freezing right now and i didn't particularly want hypothermia.

i walked down to the great hall where of course the marauders already sat. i walked down sliding into my spot which was between sirius and james.

"morning boys." grabbing a slice of toast i spread a little bit of jam before eating it.

remus chuckled before looking at me. "melanie saids you were very drunk last night."

shrugging i grabbed another slice of toast. spreading jam on it like i did with the last slice. "yeah i suppose, she said i kissed someone but i can remember who. good kisser though..." i said trailing off.

i could only here sirius sniggering before i turned away looking at whoever was sat in the great hall at the current time. which were hardly any then i proceeded to turned back to the boys.

i looked over at remus and sirius and both of their outside hands where dangling under the table and i peered down to look. there they were holding hands. i looked back up at the two excitedly clapping my hands like a little child in the process.

"so is it official?" james nudged me lightly whilst laughing.

"defiantly is we found them snuggling in remus bed this morning didn't we peet." the smaller boy simply just nodded in agreement.

i turned to the two within faces where flushed such a bright colour of red it was defiantly embarrassing. i nudged sirius lightly before turning away. "first child you adopt is named after me."

grabbing my final book i found a table in the library to sit at alone. they're were only two to three other students sat in the library at the moment.

the library seemed to be the only room to have any warmth in it and it was strange if i must admit. i pulled out my first book which was some novel that seemed some wart interesting but i needed to do something.

it was called dear bully. who would ever write a book like this. i pulled open the first page and read the almost empty page. though a black print sat in the middle.

"Dear Bully,
You said that everyone hates me i believed you..." i closed the book as quickly and as hard as i could and pushed it away from me.

i didn't particularly wanted to read something quite depressing right now. not right now at all. i got up placing it back onto the shelf before continuing to read my other books.

they're were moments where i could feel someone starring at me though when i turned around there was no one. just the librarian and i and all of these books.

what a way to start the new year.

| THE SETUP |