thirty nine.

It was a cold winters day on the 31st is december. we were all huddled around the fire, cups of hot chocolate in our hands with blankets wrapped around our bodies.

Remus was nibbling on some chocolate as the full moon was soon to approach and he had felt dearly sick. well that's what he had told us. remus began to fall asleep and we placed a pillow under his head.

"Terrible timing to have the full moon." I mumbled and the two boys nodded in agreement. I grabbed the chocolate from remus's hand and wrapped it back into the foil it was previously in then tucked it in his jumper pocket.

Getting up from the floor i placed the blanket which was on me around him. "Jamie we have to leave soon."

"Right."

Pulling my jumper over my head i smiled turning to James. Tucking my wand into my pocket I then grabbed his hand and he pulled us out of his room.

Standing at the front door he opened it and before he closed it he screamed. "We'll be back later!"

"See you both later!" Fleamont replied back. James then shut the door behind us.

James and i began walking to the woods where we would go each winter holiday. Specifically on the 31s of december.

I wore a wool jumper with two long sleeves underneath it because of the chilly weather. James's arm wrapped around my shoulder added some more warmth and i leaned into him as we walked.

"Feels like forever since we've been here." I mumbled in awe as we arrived at our usual spot.

James chuckled. "Only been one year, not that long."

"Jamie a year is very long." I responded.

He chuckled before we continued walking and found a nice place to sit. I pulled out a picnic blanket and laid it down then we both proceeded to sit on the blanket.

I smiled at james before casting a hearting spell on the two of us so we could enjoy this winters day. But not in the freezing cold. He pulled out a book and leaned against the tree.

With my head laying in his lap he began to read it. "Roses are red, violets aren't blue, they used to be, but not anymore. Violets are purple, if you really knew. Blue was just there, to say instead."

"Imagine if violets were blue, how pretty would they of been." I mumbled. He smiled before placing a kiss on my forehead.

I smiled before pushing his glasses up on his head as they had slipped down. "Read on, it's beautiful."

He began to read more poems and i closed my eyes to listen to him as the words slipped off his tongue. The sound of each word fitted with each other perfectly.

He closed the book placing it back into his backpack which both of our belongings were currently in. I smiled sitting up passing him a sweet which i had snuck from Sirius's collection.

"shh, don't tell Sirius." I spoke.

"I wouldn't dare if it." He responded chuckling. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up to stand with him.

He munched me slightly on my left arm and i spun around. "Turn around, i have another poem to tell you."

"I love you, i think you love me, so lara-james. Will you marry me?" I turned around and he was on one knee. a little black box in his hands with a silver ring inside.

i chuckled nervously before looking at him then i asked. "Are you serious?" he frowned then mumbled.

"Do i look like Sirius?"

Then i finally asked. "Are you joking?"

"do i look like i'm joking?" He asked once again. His face pulling a confused look. I chuckled and i pulled him close to me a kissed him.

"I'll marry you." I mumbled chuckling. He lightly put the ring on my finger.

He picked my up and spun me around. "God i love you James Fleamont Potter."

"I love you Y/N Lara-James soon to be Potter." he exclaimed with glee and i couldn't help but laugh.

"Not too soon, we still need to graduate."

"I love you."

| THE SETUP |

authors note
i've waited so long to write
this part and it's beautiful
cause they're now engaged
also they're both 17. it's legal
and this chapter is dedicated
to imsiriusaboutalot & emmiraex
sunshinemarvels