fifty four.

The day had finally come. It was a nice springs morning on February 27th, 1979. James and I had slept at different houses the night before as everyone said it was a big thing for the wife and groom to be to not sleep in the same room together. Something about bad luck.

So we reluctantly agreed and he stayed with the boys whilst the girls slept over at our home for the night.

The next morning we arrived at the cottage in the meadow to get ready. My auntie and cousins helping set the place up along with many of our friends from hogwarts. Though i spent majority of my time getting ready for the ceremony.

After Lily did my makeup and then Gabbie did my hair Mel helped me put my dress on and for once I didn't have my glasses on either. Mel finished zipping up my dress and stepped back. I smiled at myself in the mirror, "This is weird." I mumbled.

Euphemia came beside me wrapping me in a tight hug as we stood staring at our reflections, "Look at you. My beautiful soon to be daughter in law. There is nothing weird to this my dear." She said softly to me.

I sighed lightly, "Feels weird. That i'm so dressed up and that my mother. It feels weird without her. I always used to say i'd never get married. Now she isn't even here for it."

The door bursted open and we all turned to it in shock, my father stood at the door. "Right sorry didn't mean to startle. But we are about to start."

"Well we best be getting our seats. Well Lily must be getting to the front. We will see you there." Mia. I pulled them each into tight hugs and saw them disappear from the room.

As it started i watched as Mel and Sirius walked down first, then Chiara and Remus, Gabbie and Peter and then Tabifa and Frank. I intertwined my arm with my father.

"Your mother would be so proud," He whispered.

We turned the corner and began to walk down. Many loved ones in the crowd. From my teammates to friends i haven't spoken to for ages. Everyone hear for James and I. He stood at the front on a wooden stage which we made standing in a beautiful suit and I smiled when our eyes locked.

I got to the front and my father pulled away and walked to a chair reserved at the front. I grabbed ahold of James's hands holding them tightly.

"Today, we are here to show and finalise the forever love of Y/N Lara-James Lupin and James Fleamont Potter. Each of you here today are present because you either love or care for either one of them. Individually or as a couple. On behalf of the Lupins and Potters. I thank you for joining us today." Lily began.

She smiled looking at both of us, "Dearly beloved we are joined here today to join Y/N and James in the union of marriage. Marriage is a union of heart, body and mind. Through marriage these two make a commitment to each other, to chase their dreams, face disappointments, accept each other's failures and realise their hopes. Y/N and James will make a promise here now. To follow these ideals through their lives together and have complete openness and sensitivity to each other. Marriage is something so much bigger than what it can be known as, committing to someone entirely for the remainder of each life."

"Unless divorce!" Cried Sirius jokingly.

I turned to him and scowled, "Are you serious." I hissed at him.

He smiled back, "In fact I am." That quickly changed my anger into laughter real quick and the laughter was quick to die down.

"I would like to firstly take a moment to thank each parent of the two. For without them this day would possibly never come. As through them your best quality's were passed on, as through them you felt and learnt what love was for the first time. I would also like to take a moment for Y/N's mother Hope, who never made it to today. But rests in peace and watches from above as her daughter goes through this ceremony. I'm sure she would've been so proud and for that we would like to say thankyou."