thirty eight.

I opened my eyes and smiled. Christmas morning. Leaning over i kissed James and soon i watched his eyes flutter open. Grabbing both of our glasses off the bedside table i slid mine onto my face and slid his onto his face.

Yesterday Melanie and her boyfriend left to go back to their households for christmas. So it was only Remus, Sirius, James and I left. As Peter didn't come aswell.

"Merry Christmas." He mumbled. I grinned and got up putting a knitted jumper on.

"Let's go downstairs."

He pulled my hand downstairs and we went to the living room. "Merry Christmas everyone!"

Sirius exclaimed. He passed a present to each one of us and i smiled giving everyone a gift aswell.

"We are having dinner with Natasha and Newt." Mia cheerily said as she entered. I nodded and nudged James to urge him to open his gift.

Smiling he opened it up. "thankyou." Inside was a muggle watch which i had purchase over the last holiday.

I worked extra hours to get it and it took awhile. The watch was silver. Smiling he held it curiously and turned to me. "May i ask what is this?"

"It's a muggle watch James, it tells the time i've set it for UK time." I said and he smiled putting it on his right wrist.

Opening my gift from James i smiled and picked it up. It was a bracelet which had the words '1/5 of the marauders' carved on the outside. I smiled putting it on and saw that the other boys had one aswell.

"Thankyou James." I mumbled. He grinned before wrapping an arm around me and shot me a smile.

After opening presents a owl had cane to the window. Not just any owl but the Lupin owl. I smiled grabbing the letter before bidding Moon goodbye. "Remus, we have a letter!" I exclaimed.

I rushed up the stairs and into the room he was currently shared with Sirius and i pulled it open.

dear y/n and remus,

merry christmas. i hope you two are enjoying your time. we will be having lunch with your muggle cousins tomorrow if you two were interested to. they haven't seen you guys for ages and they said they dearly missed you.

love mother and father, have a nice christmas please do tell empuina and fleamont to.

xxx

Grinning i passed the note to Remus and let him read over it. "We should go tomorrow."

"We should." Later that evening we all took the Floo to Natasha and Newt's House.

"Empuina! Fleamont! Welcome, welcome!" A female voice exclaimed. I took a step from behind James and stood beside him as we entered the house.

It was fairly large and a family of three stood in front of us. "Thankyou for inviting us. This is Sirius Black nothing like his parents though. Remus Lupin and his twin sister Y-N Lara-James Lupin." Mia explained.

"Nice of you all to join us, I'm Newton Scamander." The tall main responded.

I opened my mouth in awe. "You are Newt Scamander, pleasure to meet you." I mumbled.

He chuckled before began to walk. "I am not more special as you are, now come. Let's go have some dinner."

Sitting at dinner we began to eat the soup which the scamander had made for us. "So you all would have done your potential job interviews am i right?" Newt asked and we all nodded in response.

"Oo, well what jobs are you all been directed too?" Tina said excitedly.

I smiled before speaking up. "Playing quidditch professionally Mam." I saw James Potter drop his spoon into his soup and i rose my eyebrows as i looked over at him.

"Really? What team?"

"Holyhead Harpies." I responded.

After arriving back to the Potter household James kept mumbling. "Are you alright James?"

"I can't believe my girlfriend is going to be a professional quidditch player." He exclaimed and picked me up spinning me.

"James." I said giggling. I pulled his face closer to mine and placed my lips on his.

"I'll be at every single one of your game."

"I'm sure you will."

Going to sleep that night was no struggle but getting up was the struggle. Trying to pull James's arms off me seemed like one of the most difficult tasks ever.

"James you have to let go of me."

"No your warm." He whined and i softly chuckled.

"James i'll only be gone for six hours." I mumbled and i felt his arms loosen. Getting up from the bed i kissed him on the head then grabbed my glasses.

After showering and changed Remus and i apparated to our cousins front door. "Wands in pockets?" He asked.

"Wands in pockets." I responded. Then he rung the doorbell.

Opening the door was our auntie and we wrapped her in a hug. "Mum, mum who is it?"

"It's only your favorite, Remus and Y/N!" I exclaimed running in and picking up my youngest cousin.

I spun her around squeezing her in a almost bone crushing hug. "Lara-James I miss you!"

| THE SETUP |