eighteen.

i sat up rubbing my head. "what the hell just happened potter?"

he shrugged looking at me. "you mustn't of eaten in awhile, you were out like a light."

i nodded in agreement before i walked over to him. holding my hand out. he hesitantly took it before i dragged him to the kitchens with me.

"where are you dragging me James."

"Too the kitchen of course!" I exclaimed.

Once entering the kitchen i let go off James's hand and went to a house elf. My favorite house elf in fact.

"Hello Ms Lupin what would you want today."

"Could i please get a chocolate milkshake Libby." She smiled nodding before going to make it.

I sat on the breakfast bar next to James where he sat grinning at me. "Why are you so happy Jamie?"

"Can't i be happy?" He scoffed turning away dramatically for a brief second before turning to face me again.

I raised my eyebrow at him. "Fine why won't you help with the plan?"

"Because i simply don't want to." Libby placer the milkshake in front of me and i started sipping the sweet drink.

"Common Y/N." He reached over grabbing my milkshake holding it over his head. i stood up snatching it from him.

"don't you dare take my milkshake." i said glaring at him. i finished it quickly before pushing it away for Libby.

Smiling he got up gesturing me to follow him. He grabbed my hand softly and lead me through the hallways to the outside where we then went to the tree next to the black lake.

He sat down and i sat next to him. The moon came out it was almost full and i know that Remus would be in his room right now trying to catch up on as much sleep as he could.

I enjoyed moments like this with James just sitting in silence outsides. I heard him cast a heating charm on us before leaning back letting go of my hand.

"You never hold my hand Lara J. What's with the sudden contact." I rolled my eyes turning to jab him in the stomach. He pouted rubbing his side.

"It's cold and your hand is warm." His lips tilted into a small smirk and he chucked.

"Really now, do you don't like me or anything?" He questioned.

Shaking my head no i chuckled. "No i don't Jamie can't say the same for you though."

"Common Lara J you have to admit you fancy me at one point."

I rolled my eyes before turning to face the black lake. "You're going mad James."

"You called me by my first name i've got to say this is progress." i scoffed.

"you say this is progress that's funny James." i leaned back onto the tree listening to the wind as it blew.

the sky became darker and the heating charm stronger. i smirked turning to james. "maybe one day you never know."

"see your already warming up to it."

"mmhm."

the next morning we found ourselves walking around the castle doing random things. except for remus. we made him sleep. peter trudged behind us and we walked through the halls.

sirius pulled on my hair. resulting in me to turn around slapping him lightly. "what was that for?" i spat.

he shrugged pointing to the dungeons where him and james started walking towards. "how are we gonna get in?" peter asked.

james simply smirked and i made my way down with them. we walked over to the stone door. "pure blood." he mumbled and the door opened.

i rolled my eyes. "what a great password am i right?"

they chuckled nodding as if they were ones to agree. the slytherin common room was a long room filled with big green couches and beautiful chandeliers. they had tinted windows which were next to the lake and many creatures swam by.

i jogged to walk next to sirius and james who were headed to what i assumed were dorms. "where are you two going and how'd you even get in?"

"i'm trying to find regulas he said his dorm was 56." sirius said seriously. i rolled my eyes as we continued walking until we stopped at the door with the number 56.

sirius took a step forward and knocked lightly and soon it opened and we walked inside. the dorm room was dark. simply just dark and i wasn't particularly surprised.

sirius sat awkwardly on a green couch in the room where james, peter and i sat next to him. his younger brother now taller sat on his bed which sat across from the couch.

"so regulas what did you need to tell me?" Sirius began rubbing his hands together nervously he didn't know what his brother wanted and neither did we.

Regulas got up before pacing for a bit and pulled down his left sleeve. "i was forced to get it."

there it was. the first sign of lord voldemort and it was on regulas's arm. i grabbed james arm and leaned back. a death eater mark.

"did mum and dad make you?" sirius asked angrily. he got up from the couch and grabbed regulas's arm.

regulas nodded yes and sirius paced the room swearing and saying numerous things under his breath.

"you could come stay with me." he started. "i'm planning to move out soon." he whispered.

"they would kill me, you know that sirius." Regulas walked over to the window starting out to the black lake before turning to us.

"It's nearly time best go help Lupin. Goodbye you four." I got up along with James and Peter. We began walking out but stopped at the doorway.

Sirius walked over to his brother hugging him quickly before turning to us. Looking at the clock the time struck ten and we started running towards the gryffindor tower.

Remus's arm was over mine and Sirius's shoulder and we helped him to our secret area where we went monthly. i let go of remus and we pushed him onto the ground lightly before he began transforming. i hid behind a tree to transform.

peter climbed up the tree in this rat form and hid on a branch and sirius stood close to remus. though sirius was the only one that was able to get closest to remus due to his form behind a big black dog.

where james and i as deers kinda had to watch from a distance.

by the time it was morning i was exhausted. i got up as-well as the other boys and we looked over at remus in his tired state.he looked up before mumbling.

"what a christmas am i right?"

| THE SETUP |