The Update.

May 11th, Saturday

May 11th, Saturday.
The Update.
******************

'...So today marks eight months being here. Six since they all left and probably moved on with their lives. I've just finished writing in my third journal, this is the start of the fourth. There really is not much to update you on from today. It's been pretty uneventful, but I'd take that over almost dying any damn day...'

****************

"Sydney put that stupid thing down will ya and come help me light this damn fire. If you keep holding it, you're going to break it and all the pages are going to fall out of it." I rolled my eyes at Savannah's bossy tone.

She's grown a backbone since being here and I don't like it.

"I'll be there in a second calm down." I hissed back.

She sighed, turning around and walking away.

I sat up, stretching a little as laying on a sleeping bag on the forest floor isn't comfortable, at all.

I grabbed my backpack, carefully shoving all five books, journals really, back into my good old trusty blue backpack. I can see what Savannah was referring to though. After all these months of moving place to place, all the journals seemed to be a little bit tattered. His, was worse than the others (which were all mine) as almost every night for the past five months, I'd been reading the damn thing. Over and over again like the words were going to be different, or course they weren't going to change though.

I was a little scared that some of the pages were going to fall out, or that the covers of the journals were going to come off, but I guess that happens with time.

I ran my fingers through my hair, which had grown a little too long for my liking since it was last cut by my mother. Actually that's a lie, I let Marie cut a little bit off it once but of course she did a horrid job so now my hair is at uneven lengths, but I guess I'll take what I can get. I quickly tied it up, making my way over to where Savannah and Caleb were trying to find start the fire as we'd set up camp here in the forest in a big open space for the night.

God they're useless.

"She rises from the dead!" River jokes as he was sat to my left on a log.

"Shut it." I growled at him.

He closed his mouth quickly, looking around at everyone else.

This my friends is River Coleman.

"Tell me again why she's the leader of this group?" I glared at him as he smiled at me.

"You're going to take it too far bro." I heard Caleb say.

"Nah, nah. She loves me. Look at her. She can't take her eyes off me." He winked at me.

I shook my head.