The Bonfire.

May 24th, Friday

May 24th, Friday.
The Bonfire.
*****************

I got Marie's set of photo printed out today, she gave me a huge hug as a thank you and immediately stuck them up in her room on her wall above her bed. I picked up a photo album book and decided to stick them all in there. I also used my credit card for the first time and brought a cheap camera. I wanted to take more photos and the disposable one I had in the apocalypse was full anyway.

Other than that I had spent all of yesterday, last night and this morning cleaning my body of all toxic fluids and energy from the night before. I was feeling a little better, was able to eat and the bags underneath my eyes weren't too bad anymore.

I call that a win.

My brain just kept racking over how tonight was going to go.

I was that far into my head that I was showered and ready in my best outfit (which I'm more than positive whoever brought these clothes here were from like goodwill or something), three hours too early.

So I sat on my couch staring at the wall for a good thirty minutes. Now that's therapeutic.

I then decided to put the T.V on before a knock on the front door could be heard.

I checked my phone as my handbag had been sitting beside me. No messages. Can't be River than, we agreed that we'd message each other before showing up at each other's apartments. As a courteous call.

I slowly made my way to the door, finding Tina behind it?

My nurse? What the heck?

"Hi Sydney." She smiled and waved.

I looked her up and down, finding it weird that she wasn't in her nurses uniform.

"Hi Tina... What are you doing here?" I asked, frowning.

"Oh uh, I brought you something." I frowned as she dug through her backpack I didn't realise she had on her back.

What on earth could she have brought me?

"Oh no thanks." I immediately said, shaking my head as I watched what she pulled out from her bag.

"I know you threw it out-" She started, trying to pass Brad's journal back off to me.

"And that's where I'd like it to stay." I said immediately.

"But it seemed important-" I sighed, cutting her off again.

"Love the gesture Tina I do, but I don't want it. It's from a time in my life that I'd rather forget." I explained.

"Look, just take it okay?" I rolled my eyes, but took the book from her hands anyway.

"Thank you Tina... Is there anything else you need?" I asked her.

She shrugged her shoulders and tucked her hands in the pockets of her pants.