The Forgotten.

July 4th, Thursday

July 4th, Thursday.
The Forgotten.
*******************

*Sydney's P.O.V*

You know how they say you see a light before you die? Or your life flashes before you eyes? Or you may even see dead loved ones, encouraging you to pass over?

I didn't see any of that. I didn't see anything but pitch black.

I couldn't hear a thing. I couldn't talk. I couldn't see. I couldn't touch. I couldn't smell.

I was... Dead? In limbo?

I don't know.

It was... Lonely.

I'd never felt more alone then what I had been feeling for the past few minutes? Hours? Days?

I don't know how long it had been, all I knew was that I needed to get back to my family. They were counting on me. I needed to get back to them... Why did I need to get back to them again?

I don't know. I don't seem to know anything.

All I knew was everything was dark. I couldn't move and I was all alone.

Until all at once, everything started to hit me.

Air, I could breathe. Pain, I could feel it all around. Sound, I could hear footsteps and the sound of a T.V going. Smell, I could smell a weird scent from cleaning products or something.

I suddenly gasped for air as I felt like I was being choked by someone.

I tried catching my breath, I felt like I'd just been dropped from a high height.

"Sydney? Someone get the doctor!" I frowned, finding my face and whole body was covered in a fiery pain.

I slowly opened my eyes, finding the room I was in, a little too bright.

Where am I?

"Hey Sydney, hey it's okay you're safe." I frowned a little, using one of my arms to remove the oxygen mask off of my face.

My eyes rolled around the room as I tried to register where I was.

I tried to open my mouth to speak as I found Marie standing to the right of the bed I was in, but nothing came out.

Wait what?

A weird noise that resembled a cat screeching, left my mouth and throat. It wasn't pleasant.

"Don't speak, your throats going to be sore for a few days." I looked over at Marie who was smiling at me but had tears in her eyes.

Why is she crying?

"Do you want to sit up?" I nodded a little, finding I couldn't really move any part of my body.

Everything was in pain.