The Skype Call.

May 17th, Friday

May 17th, Friday.
The Skype Call.
******************

I awoke to a hard knock on a door, panicking for a moment before I realised just where I was.

I'm still in the damn hospital, great.

"Come in!" I called out, sitting up in the bed before stretching.

I fell asleep quickly last night, after being a bitch to the nurse who brought me dinner. (she's also a bitch so it doesn't matter)

The door opened and I almost feel out of my bed as I tried getting out of it really quickly after seeing who was entering my room.

"Sydney! My baby." He cooed, being wheeled into the room in a wheelchair?

I frowned at him, his legs are perfectly fine, why isn't he walking?

Also why didn't anyone tell me he was awake?!

"Thank you Sue, can you give Sydney and I a minute?" He said sweetly to the nurse who had pushed him in.

She too was wearing a surgical mask... We aren't that contagious!!

She gave him a nod and left the room, shutting the door behind her. As soon as it closed, River turned to me with a faint smile on his face before he stood up.

"I'm happy to see you River, I am. But why are you in a wheel chair?" I asked, as he casually strolled over and sat on my bed opposite me.

"Because, I'm milking this for as long as I can." He winked.

"By getting wheeled around everywhere?" I frowned.

"Uh yeah." He said smiling widely.

Of course he was. He is idiot one for a reason.

I watched as his eyes flickered to the book that was sitting beside me... Oh shut I'd forgotten about it.

I quickly grabbed it and dropped it on the floor where was bag was. It missed it completely and just fell on the floor. I'll deal with it later.

I fell asleep reading it again... It was his book.

"You're still attached to that thing?" He questioned.

"No," I lied, "Was just checking through my bag before you came in." I said while yawning.

"I know you're lying, you were asleep before I got here. I know you Sydney. I've spent the past few months with you, I know you better than you know yourself." He said like a little know it all.

"Whatever, look when are we going to be able to get out of here?" I asked, playing with my nails.

Ew, I never realised just how horrible they looked until now.

"Well up until about twenty minutes ago I was supposed to be going home at three today." He smiled weirdly.

"What happened?" I questioned.