Chapter 12

Y/N, and Miles were running as fast as they could with the Prowler right behind them. They almost got ran over by an unbelievable amount of cars, causing traffic. But they didn't care.

Thet just ran, and ran, and ran, until they got to Miles apartment. They hid behind a dark alley, hoping that he wouldn't spot them. Thankfully, he got past them. Miles was breathing heavily, while clutching his chest.

Y/N's color drained from her face, tears pouring down her soft cheeks. She wiped them away, and began to climb up the window to his room. But for some reason, Miles didn't move a muscle. He just stood still like a tall statue. He keeps on thinking about what Spiderman told them....

~You two are like me...~

That one sentence was stilling lingering in his mind. And that got him thinking: If his dad hates Spiderman, maybe, will he hate him too???

Y/N: "Miles. Are you coming?"

He shooked his head, and looked up. He saw Y/N looking up at him, her face stained with sweat, amd tears. He nodded, and climbed up yhe window. They heard the doorknob shaking, and they both turned their heads. The door opend to reveal Jefferson, and Rio.

Jefferson: "Police! Put your hands up!"

They were just as shocked to you, and him together this late at night.

Jefferson: "What are you two doing here so late? Why aren't you in school?"

Miles didn't even ask. He ran up to his dad, and hugged his waist. You could tell that he was scared. Rio walked up to you, and put her hand on your shoulder.

Rio: "Are you guys ok? What's wrong? Was it the earthquake?"

She asked sweetly. You sobbed in your hands, while Rio hugged you softly, trying to comfort you. Jefferson, and Miles came over to join in.

Miles: "Can we sleep here tonight?"

Jefferson: "Miles, it's a week night. You made a commitment to that school."

Rio: "Jeff. They're upset."

Jefferson: "Of course you can stay."

You, and Miles sat on his bed, and looked up at him sadly.

Y/N: "Mr. Morales, do you really hate Spider-Man?"

Jefferson looked around nervously.

Jefferson: "Yeah, I mean for a vigilante-"

Rio: "Jeff. Mi Amor.."

Jefferson: "What? She asked me. Come on baby, you know how I feel about Spider-Man."

He left the room, and left you three alone. Miles laid down on the bed.

Rio: "This is why he's tough on you. You know that right?"

Miles: "Mom, do you ever think about moving out from Brooklyn?"

Rio: "Our family doesn't run from things, Miles."

She kissed both of your foreheads, and wished you both good night.

~Timeskip~

Miles, and Y/N went to the store, and got two Spiderman costumes for his funeral. They walked up to the cashier, setting the two items down.

Stan Lee: I'm...going to miss him. We were friends, you know?

Miles: "Can I return it if this doesn't fit?"

Stan Lee: "The suit always fits. Eventually."

Y/N smiled weakly, but them darted her eyes towards a sign that said "No Refunds!". She frowned slightly, and looked at the Cashier, who was smiling through his glasess. Miles gave him the same look you gave him. He looked down at the two suits, and sighed sadly.

This was going to be a very long day...