Chapter 23

Your eyes widened so much, that your eyes felt like they would pop out of your head. After all this time...all that you've been through...it was him.... You looked back at Miles, who looked even worse that you did. You could tell thst he was terribly heartbroken. All you wanted to do was hug, and cry with Miles. Once Aaron was distracted, you both quietly jumped out the window, and ran down the stairs. He must have heard you because he began to chase after you with his gravity boots to run on the brick wall. You both ran past people, and started to jump on car after car. He managed to catch up with you with his motorcycle. Through all the road rage, Miles hoped off the taxi, and jumped on a truck whike it was moving. You were scared out of your mind, so you couldn't move as your eyes were focused on The Prowler.

Miles: "GIVE ME YOUR HAND!"

He reached his hand out to you. You looked at him like if he was crazy.

Y/N: "WHAT?!"

Miles: "Please...just trust me..."

Even through all the honking, and metel crashing, you were able to hear his soft voice. You got lost in his kind, pleading eyes. You smiled under your mask, and grabbed his hand. Before The Prowler could grab your ankle, you screamed in fear before Miles pulled you to his chest.

A car was close to crashing into the truck You were on. You jumped of the truck with a nice, but smooth backflip. You could see The Prowler's menacing glare.  Miles wrapped his arms around you to protect you from any metal scratching you. You looked around you to find out that he was gone. You jerked up when teo arms wrapped around you. You looked at your shoulder, and saw Miles hugging you. You felt something wet on your shoulders. Tears.

He hiccuped as his shoulders shook up, and down. You rubbed his back in circles.

Y/N: "I'm so SO sorry...I know a place to go."

He nodded, and you took off as far as your legs could take you. Little did you two know that The Prowler was tracking you, watching you the whole time.

~Peter's Pov~

Peni was in the kitchen making a new goober to get us all home, but that I was more worried about Miles, and Y/N. Her words really got to me, and to be honest, I knew I wasn't the only one. She was completely right. About everything. I just felt so bad without sticking up for them. I never really felt this way before Aunt May passed away, and me having a divorce back in my dimension. I think of them as my daughter, and my son....I've really bonded with them...and I felt like they were bullying them...which they kinda did....

After a couple of minutes, Peni skated to me, and handed the goober with a smile. It was wrapped in a rope, like a necklace. I took it, and put it around my neck.

Spider-Noir: "So is this.....purple?"

He asked to Spider-Ham, messing with a Rubik Cube. He replied with a simple

Spider-Ham: "No."

He tried again.

Spider-Noir: "Blue?"

Spider-Ham: "No."

Gwen: "Has anyone heard from Y/N, or from Miles yet?"

Peter: "Look, it's like what Y/N said. They're just clearing thier heads, I know the kids."

I felt very guily when Gwen looked at me with a sad glance. Peni just had a "are you kidding look." Sp//dr had a confused look, and Spider-Ham just looked into the Abyss, as he drank some tea.

Peter: "They've got what it takes. I bet you when he comes back through that door, he is gonna be recharged, and ready to fight."

Then right after I said that, Y/N and Miles suddenly burst out from in front of the door, panting heavily with sweat on there faces. They looked.....terrified....