Chapter 24

It was like if everything went in slow motion. Miles reached out for Aaron as he fell backwards, but thankfully you caught him in your arms. Your legs buckled, and you fell down your knees. Miles fell next to you, and touched your shoulder. Kingpin reloaded his gun. He was about to shoot you, but Peter came in, and kicked him on the side of his head, knocking him out.

Peter: "Get out of here!"

Even though you were breathing heavily, you heard him loud, and clear. You, and Miles held onto his waist. You both swung a web, swinging past the neighborhood to the city. Finally, you both made it to a dark, empty ally. You softly, and gently sat him down on the cold, hard ground. Miles was frantically looking for his bullet wound as Aaron winced in pain. You, and Miles clamped your hands over your mouth in pure shock.

Miles: "No."

Uncle Aaron: "Miles...Y/N..."

Miles: "Uncle Aaron. This is all my fault."

Y/N: "No Miles, no. None of this is yoir fault."

Uncle Aaron: "No Miles. She's right, man."

He removed his metallic glove. He offerd it to you both. You held it first, and Miles held yours.

Uncle Aaron: "I'm sorry. I wanted you two to look up to me. I let you down, guys. I let you down. You guys are the best of all of us. You both are on your way. Just...just keep going....just keep going."

And with that final breath, you felt the grip of his hand was weak. It fell to his side, lifelessly. Miles shook his head in disbelief as tears welled up in his eyes.

Y/N: "Uncle Aaron? Uncle Aaron!

You shook him as hard as you could, but nothing worked. You put your arms on your thighs as you covered your hands. You, and Miles sobbed quietly. He hugged you, and you glady returned it. You didn't have the energy to scream.

Suddenly a police car came into your ally. They must have saw you swing here. You heard him jumped over the gate. He rasied a gun, and a very familiar voice yelled at you both that made you, and Miles's body go stiff.

Jefferson: "HANDS UP! BOTH OF YOU! PUT YOUR ARMS OUT NOW!"

Miles looked at you, and you glanced back. You both nodded at each other. You stood up, and put your hand up as instructed.

Jefferson: "TURN AROUND!"

Before you could turn around, you both turned invisible.

Jefferson: "HEY! HEY!"

You both climbed up the wall, and looked down at him. He moved his gun around at random spots.

~Jefferson's Pov~

What just happened?! Those kids just disappeared from thin air. I looked down on the ground to find The Prowler...was Aaron?! I put my gun back as I felt his neck for a pulse.

No....

He wasn't breathing. This can't be. I held in my cries as I punched the ground in anger mixed with sadness. How did this happen? Why would he do something like this?! Miles, Y/N, and Rio will be devastated. I didn't even get to say my goodbyes. Miles was right about him. I didn't get to spend much time with him which made me feel even more guilty. I wish I could make it up to him.... I wish I could be there for him.... I took out my walkie talkie.

Jefferson: "All units. I want a new BPU on new Spider- people."

~Timeskip~

~None's Pov~

Back at Miles room. You sat on the top bunk bed, rubbing your forehead. Miles was in the middle of teenage rage. He threw, and shoved stuff he coukd get his hand on. What shocked you the most is that he threw his expectations book. Then it just came back like a boomerang. Thankfully, Miles caught the book to see who threw it. It was Peter, and the gang. Good think the window was opened. You jumped down to stand next to Miles.