Chapter 26: The Lightwoods

ELEANORA'S POV
I grin as I walk into the training room. "Did anyone miss me?"

Gideon's and Gabriel's heads snap to my direction, and a large grin takes up Gideon's face.

We practically crash into each other in a hug, both laughing.

"Good morning," I say, and I can smell his hair, the scent of lemon grass.

"I've missed you," Gideon says softly, his head nestled at the crook of my neck.

I was the one who promised Gideon I'd make sure Gabriel wouldn't do anything stupid. I helped Gideon when he was having a dark time back with Benedict Lightwood.

"I missed you too," I say. He's changed.

"We need to talk," he whispers to me.

I nod, lowering my voice. "Later. After training."

Gideon pulls away, giving me a small smile. "estaré esperándote. tu sabes donde ir."

"Apenas el dos de nosotros. nadie más," I reply.

I grin at Gabriel, and he returns it.

"Why didn't you tell me Gideon was back?" I accuse.

"Surprise," He simply says, shrugging.

"Well," Will's annoyed voice rings out and he looks at Tessa and Sophie, "now that the hugging is all over, maybe the two of you should get to training. Which is the reason why you're here anyway." He directs the last statement to the Lightwoods.

Instantly the Lightwoods' faces transform into a scowl.

"Aren't you wanted somewhere else?" Gabriel snarls at Will.

Jem is already pulling Will out of the room, Cyril and Bridget following behind. "That he is. Have a good time, Tessa and Sophie."

Then they're gone.

I flash the girls a smile and then hurry after them.

  I catch up to Jem easily. He's reprimanding Will for making an entrance.

  "I wanted to meet Bridget and Cyril," Will protests.

  I roll my eyes. "Liar."

  "That's a mighty accusation you're making there, dear Nora," Will says, once again forgetting.

  "Am I wrong?"

  "No."

  Jem laughs. "I'll go and bring Bridget and Cyril to the drawing room. Don't go back into the training room, Will."

Will sneers as Jem, Bridget and Cyril disappear up the stairs.

I glance at him. "Do you have anything to do?"

"Not really," Will says, eyeing me.

"Let's go kill demons," I say, excited now.

Will's eyes narrow on me. "Fine. Lead the way."

He seems to have lost his moody mood.

~

"I killed that one!" I protest.

"Oh stop whining, Nora dear. I clearly stabbed that one before you did," Will rolls his eyes.

"I can't believe you," I say in exasperation.

Will nods, looking as if he totally understands. "I know. Many other women have gazed upon me and not believed that I was really this beautiful."