Prologue

"Jaycee!" Dylan knocked on the door of a small blue two-story house. "Jaycee! Jaycee, open the door!"

            After several more minutes of knocking and screaming, Dylan finally entered the house. After calling her name several more times, he climbed the stairs to her bedroom. He slowly opened her door, whispering her name, only to find her room vacant. He slowly walked into a room with white walls splattered with red paint and light blue carpet. Her bed was neatly made, and her backpack was next to her desk.

            He walked over to her desk after spotting a small black book with purple lettering, reading "Jaycee", which appeared to be a journal. He opened the small black book, and began to read the entries that were written inside, only to discover the whole book was about their relationship.

            Halfway through the book, he closed it, and placed it back on her desk. After carefully placing the journal back on her desk, he turned to find a girl with long, black hair and hazel eyes hanging in her closet. She had two snakebites, two angel bites and a nose ring, and she was wearing a black Sleeping With Sirens T-shirt, black skinny jeans and a pair of black Converse.

"Oh, my god! Jaycee!" Dylan pulled out his pocket knife, and cut her down. "Please, Jaycee, don't die. I love you. I don't want you to die."

                        He sat on the floor in front of her closet, holding Jaycee's lifeless body. For several hours, he was holding her body, and drowning it in tears until her parents got home. When they got home, Dylan explained what had happened to their beloved daughter.

            After explaining to her parents what happened to Jaycee, he went home. Before leaving Jaycee's house, he snuck her journal to continue reading the rest of the entries. The last entry was dated to that day, right before Jaycee hung herself.

"It's been exactly four months today since Dylan broke up with me, and he still hasn't asked for me to take him back after making such a huge mistake. I've told him repeatedly that I would never cheat on him, and I'd never leave him either because of how much I love him. Anyway, it has become very clear he doesn't love me anymore, and he doesn't want to be with me anymore either," Dylan read silently. "Since he doesn't love me anymore, he doesn't have to worry about me trying to get him back because I am going to kill myself, and it'll be all his fault."

            Dylan read the rest of the entry, and he flipped through the empty pages. In the back of the book, he found a small strip of pictures from their one-year anniversary. He picked up the strip, and put the small book down.

"God dammit," he said, looking at the pictures of him and Jaycee. "What have I done? Jaycee's dead, and it's all my fault. Why did I break up with her?"

            Dylan dropped to his knees in sorrow, and started crying. He had realized not too long after breaking up with her that he had made a huge mistake. The first time he tried to get her back, she seemed like she didn't want him back. Soon after, he tried again, but it had appeared that she had a new girlfriend. Dylan knew that Jaycee was gay, and he gave her permission to date other girls. She never did though because it felt like she was cheating. He then realized there that he had made a huge mistake.

"Dammit, Dylan!" he cried, and punched the wall. "You could've had her back! Why would she cheat on you? She's in love with you!" he punched the wall again, and dropped to his knees. "Not anymore. She's gone."

            He heard footsteps approaching, and quickly dried his tears. No one in his family had known about the break up because he was too determined to get her back. After drying his eyes, he pulled himself to his feet just as his bedroom door opened.

"Dylan? Are you okay?" he turned to find his older brother standing in the doorway.

"I'm fine, Brandon," he said quickly.

"You don't look it. What's wrong?" Brandon sat on the bed.

"Jaycee and I broke up."

"When?"

"Four months ago."

"Why?"

"I thought she was cheating on me."

"Was she?"

"No."

"Do you miss her?"

"So much," he started crying again.

"If you miss her so much, why don't you just get her back?"

"I can't. She's dead."

"Ohhh."

            A lightbulb went off in Brandon's head. He knew how much Dylan loved Jaycee, and he would die if she did. So that was exactly what he was going to do. Brandon pulled out his pocket knife, and flipped the blade up. Dylan quickly stopped crying at the sight of the blade. He didn't know what was coming next, but he was afraid to know.

"I have an idea," he held up his knife.

"Is this plan gonna get me killed?"

"Only a little," he gulped. "You wanna be with Jaycee again, don't you?"

"Yes," he dropped his head.

"Well, then close your eyes, hold your breath and stay still."

"Okay," he closed his eyes. "But if anybody asks, it was suicide," he held his breath.

"Then you're gonna need to hold it," Dylan's eyes bugged. "Don't worry. You'll hold it, and I'll push it through. Deal?"

"Deal."

            Dylan took hold of the knife's handle, and positioned the blade in front of his stomach. He closed his eyes once again, and took a deep breath. Brandon quickly pushed on the handle, driving it into his younger brother's stomach. Blood started to appear on his green shirt. He eyes flew open, and he doubled over in pain.

"Thanks, Brandon," he groaned.

"Anything for my baby brother and the woman he loves."

            Dylan began choking up blood, drawing death near. He slowly stood back up, and Brandon quickly yanked the knife out of his stomach. Dylan made a final moan before dropping to the floor. Brandon rolled Dylan on his back, and put the knife in his hand.

"Good night, Dylan," Brandon kissed his brother's forehead.

______________________________________________________________________

I had some time in between my unit and semester tests, so I decided to post the first part to In a Tragedy of Love Loss. Also there's a ton of songs through the book, so I will be leaving the link to each song at the end of each chapter. Okay. Comment, vote, follow and go check out my other books if you haven't already. So I'll get out of your hair and go finish my schoolwork. Peace.