Chapter 14 *8 Months Later*

By the time their two-year anniversary came around, Jaycee has been acting really weird, and it was starting to freak Dylan out. He had saved up, and had the ring engraved. He went to her house one day while she was at school, and asked her parents’ permission to marry her. He told them they were gonna wait until she graduated to get married, but they didn't wanna get married without their approval. After a few long minutes of thinking, he had their approval.

            He was so happy to have their approval. He thanked them aa thousand times then went to the restaurant where he worked to see if he could reserve it just for their anniversary. He spent a couple months planning it, and he wanted it to be really special.

            Jaycee had decided to plan Dylan's birthday a little early. She figured if she did a good job, he would ask her to marry him. She wanted to get engaged. She felt it was the right time. She even had her friend, Axel, over to help.

"So, why are we planning it now if his birthday's not 'til September?"

"I'm buttering him up. It's our two-year anniversary. I wanna get engaged now, so we can get married right after graduation."

"Are you sure you wanna marry him, Jaycee? You've only been together for two years, and there might be someone else out there for you."

"I know that, but I love him, and my parents love him. He's the kind of person I want. He's the only person I can see myself having any kind of future with. And I have feelings for him that I've never had for anyone else, male or female."

"I think that you should take time away from Dylan to make sure that he really is the one you wanna be with forever. 'Cause I don't think that he's the one for you. I think there's someone out there better for you."

"What makes you say that, Axel?" he stepped in front of her.

"Because I like you, Jaycee. I like you a lot, and I want you to give me a chance before you marry Dylan."

            Jaycee stared at him in shock. She and Axel have been friends for years, and he had to pick that particular time to tell her he liked her? After she told him she wants to marry Dylan? She couldn't believe it. She knew he didn't really like Dylan, but she didn't think that that was the reason why.

"No, Axel. I'm not giving you a chance. I'm in love with Dylan. I'm gonna marry him, and that's fine," he pushed everything off the counter.

"It should've been me you made the exception for! It should be me you're trying to butter up for a proposal! It should be me that you're in love with!"

"Axe;, calm down."

"No, Jaycee, I will not calm down. I love you, and I wanna be with you forever," he grabbed her shoulders, and kissed her deeply.

            Little did she know that Dylan was standing outside her backdoor. He saw Axel kiss her, and it looked like she was kissing him back. Poor Dylan was heartbroken. He felt his heart shatter after just witnessing the love of his life kiss another guy. He ran home as his eyes filled with tears.

            The whole time Dylan was watching, she was trying to push Axel away from her, but he just kept tightening his grip and kissing her deeper. She was relieved when he finally let go of her.

"Get out," she said in a low voice.

"See, Jaycee? That wasn’t so bad."

"Get out!" she yelled, and he left with a huge grin on her face.

            When Dylan got home, he went into his room, and dropped to his knees. He looked at the small black velvet box open on his desk. It had the ring that he was going to give to Jaycee in it. He wasn't going to give it to her now. She didn't love him anymore.

            He got up, and stumbled over to his desk. He never felt so crushed in his life. The fact that it was the woman he loved made it hurt worse. He sat in his chair, and just stared at the ring for hours until he had to get ready for his date with Jaycee. His final date.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Landen asked as Dylan tied his tie.

"Getting ready for my final date with Jaycee."

"You're seriously gonna ask her to marry you tonight?"

"No. I changed my mind."

"Why would you change your mind if you were so sure you wanted to marry her? And why is tonight your final date with Jaycee?" realization slapped him in the face. "Wait. Are you gonna break up with her?"

"Yep," he finished tying his tie. "She cheated on me. I'm gonna break up with her at dinner."

"Why would she cheat on you, and who would she cheat on you with?"

"Hell if I know. All I know is I had gone over to her house earlier and I saw her making out with Axel."

"You saw that, huh?" he nodded. "You do know that he kissed her, right? She didn't kiss him. She didn't want him to kiss her."

            For a moment, he took what Landen said into consideration. She did say she loved him, and they were together for two years. He could understand why she would cheat on him after two years. That's a long time to be with someone. If she wanted out, he would let her out.

"How do you know she wasn't lying to cover up the fact that she wants out of our relationship, and she'll do anything to get out," he smirked, and walked out of his room with Landen at his heels.

"For someone that's about to break up with the woman he's in love with, it's surprising you're not crying, and realizing what a huge mistake you're making."

"If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, then it's yours. I love Jaycee, and I'll do anything to make her happy. Even if it means I won’t be. Plus I already drained my eyes from crying over her earlier," he left.

"He's gonna regret this. I know he is. He's making a huge mistake."