Chapter 3 *6 Months Later*

One day after school, Dylan was meeting Landen at the park. His six-month anniversary with Jaycee was coming up in a few days, and he wanted to make it special. He figured Landen could help him. After all, he knew Jaycee better he did himself.

            Dylan was standing at the edge of the park by the pavilion when he spotted a kid, about six feett, with glasses. He was wearing a black T-shirt with a motorcycle on the front and jeans. His dirty blonde hair was sticking up in all different directions, which made Dylan chuckle.

"Dude, what is up with your hair?" Dylan asked.

"Static electricity," Landen replied. "Anyway, why did you ask me to meet you here?"

"I need your help. Mine and Jaycee's anniversary is this weekend, and I wanna make it special. What should I do?"

"Let me find out from her what she wants, and I'll let you know. Okay?"

"Thanks, dude. You're a good friend."                                       

"Anything to make my best friend happy," Landen patted Dylan's back, and started walking towards Jaycee’s house.

            Fifteen minutes later, Landen walked up the driveway to small blue two-story house. He opened the door to find Jaycee sitting at the kitchen counter with a towel on her head, reading the same book she was reading the day she met Dylan. She closed her book, knowing Landen was there, and set it on the counter.

"Jaycee, if you don't mind me asking, why is there a towel on your head?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I just dyed my hair. I'm waiting for it to settle."

"Oh. Well, that would explain a lot."

"Yeah. What do you need?"

"Dylan wants to make your anniversary special, and he doesn't know what to do. So I came to find out how he can make it special."

"Okay. Um, I want to have either a picnic in his backyard, or he can have me over for dinner. Just the two of us."

"And what would you wanna eat? Just so he knows."

"Depends. If we have a picnic, I want wings, fruit, salad, stuff like that. If he has me over, I want something like spaghetti or chicken or steak or something like that."

"Wow. You would want something like that."

"Well, I'm kinda hoping he'll tell me he loves me. We've been together six months, and he's never even told me he loves me. Plus I'm kinda afraid to tell him I love him."

            For the last five months, Jaycee's been wanting Dylan to tell her he loves her. She's afraid to tell him she loves him, and she wants it to be traditional. That's why she wants their anniversary the way she wants it.

"Okay then. I'll let him know, and he can figure out the rest."

"Thanks, Landen. I gotta go rinse my hair before it turns out wrong. I'll see you later."

"Okay. Bye, Jaycee."

"Bye," she went into the bathroom, and Landen went back to the park.

            When he got back to the park, Dylan was sitting on the edge of the park, texting Jaycee. Landen walked in the opposite direction. He quietly walked up behind him, and put his hands on his shoulders.

"Hey, Dylan," he said, and Dylan screamed.

"Dude! Don't ever do that again! You scared me!" he yelled.

"That's not all. You're also scared of losing Jaycee."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Why do you wanna make this anniversary so special anyway?"

"Because I'm gonna tell her I love her."

"Why didn't you tell her yet? You've been together for six months."

"I was scared to tell her, and I thought she would say it first."

"Dude, this might just make it easier. She's just as scared to tell you as you are. She wanted you to say it first."

"Really?" Landen shook his head. "Why am I scared? I'm gonna tell her, and I'm not gonna be awkward about it."

"That's a boy!" Landen exclaimed.

"By chance, did you find out how I can make our anniversary special?"

"Yeah. Are your parents’ home?"

"No. Why?" Landen spun Dylan around, and started walking towards his house.

"We are going to find something for you to make for her."

"So, she told you?"

"I'll explain on the way."