Chapter 1 *2 Years and 4 Months Ago*

One bright shiny day in March, a young lady was sitting outside an ice cream shop in New Mexico with her friends, Landen and Mckenzie, when she spotted a young man with short, dark brown hair and dark blue eyes, wearing a white T-shirt and green basketball shorts. She was wearing white skinny jeans covered in fake blood, a black Bring Me the Horizon T-shirt and black high tops. She smiled as she took a sip of her mint chocolate chip milkshake, and he smiled back at her.

"Bye, Jaycee," Mckenzie stood up to leave.

"Bye, Jay," Landen followed Mckenzie.

"Bye, guys."

                The young man eyeballed Jaycee, trying to work up the courage to go talk to her.

"Hey, dude, what are you looking at?" Landen walked over to his friend after Mckenzie went home.

"Her," he pointed to Jaycee. "She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

"So? Go talk to her."

"I don't know what to say."

"Just say hi, and introduce yourself. If the conversation takes an awkward turn, talk about guitars."

"Guitars?"

"Yeah. She plays guitar," Landen pushed him towards Jaycee.

                He turned and looked at his friend while Jaycee continued to read the book she started reading after Landen and Mckenzie left. He stood there for a few minutes, trying to think of something to say. Jaycee took a sip of her milkshake, and looked at the spot where the boy was, only to find him gone, and Landen in his place.

"Hi," he said nervously.

"Hi," Jaycee looked up from her book.

"I didn't mean to bother you, but I saw you with Landen and Mckenzie, and I have to admit I think you're beautiful."

"Well, thank you," she closed her book. "You wanna join me?"

"Sure," he sat down. "I'm Dylan, by the way."

"Jaycee."

"Jaycee? That's an interesting name."

"Thank you. I was named after my aunt."

"If she's as beautiful as you, I could see why," she blushed.

"You're not so bad yourself, Dylan," she giggled.

                Dylan smiled at Jaycee, trying to think of something to talk about. He just stared at her, admiring her beauty. Jaycee took another sip of her milkshake and smiled.

"So, um, Jaycee, Landen told me you play guitar."

"Kinda. I'm not very good at it."

"I'm sure you can't be that bad. You know, I play too."

"Really? That's interesting."

"Yeah. If you don't mind me asking, Jaycee, do you have a boyfriend?"

"Um...no. Not really. Why?"

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to get a pizza, and I don't want your boyfriend to get jealous."

"Well, I don't have a boyfriend."

"Good. So, you wanna get a pizza?"

"You mean like a date?"

"No. Just two people getting to know each other over pizza."

"Well, Dylan, I would love to join you for pizza."

"Sweet," he stood up. "After you."

"Aww. Thank you, Dylan," she stood up. "You are so sweet and such a gentleman."

"Anything for a beautiful girl," she giggled.

                Dylan and Jaycee began walking towards the pizza place. He quickly turned around, and gave Landen a quick thumbs up. Landen smiled and gestured at Dylan to go. He caught up with Jaycee, and they walked into a pizza place. When they entered the pizza place, Dylan pulled the chair out, gesturing for her to sit down.

"Thank you, Dylan. Your girlfriend must really love you."

"I don't have a girlfriend," he sat down. "I've been single for a few months."

"Really? A girl would be lucky to have you as her boyfriend."

"Eh. None of the girls were the right one. I'm still waiting on her."

                When the waitress came, they ordered their drinks and pepperoni pizza with mozzerella sticks and wings.

"So, Dylan, what do you look for in a girl?" Jaycee ate a mozzarella stick.

"Well, the first thing I look for in a girl is her eye color."

"Her eye color?"

"Yeah. I like girls with hazel eyes. The girls with hazel eyes usually turn out to be the nicest ones and the most independant and the nost beautiful."

"Okay. So, you like nice, independant girls with hazel eyes. What else?"

"Humor, brains, girls that cook."

"Girls that cook?"

"Yeah. It would be nice if we could cook for each other when we're married. Like on her birthday, I'll make her breakfast, lunch and dinner and vice versa."

"Well, you seem like you'd be every girl's dream."

"Well, I hope to one day find a girl who will define me as her perfect guy," he ate a wing. "What about you? What do you look for in someone?"

"I usually date people with blue eyes, and I prefer dark colored hair. But I usually go for someone who is sweet, kind, caring, sensitive, funny and will surprise me with things like flowers, chocolate, jewelry and stuffed animals just because."

"Wow. Isn't that what every woman looks for in a guy?"

"Or girl. Don't forget the LGBT community."

"LGBT?"

"Lesbian, gay, bi, trans," she took a sip of her soda, and ate a wing. "Do you have a problem with those kinds of people?"

"No. Do you?"

"No."