Chapter 24

After Braelyn, Sapphire and Landen finished their breakfast, Braelyn kissed Jaycee goodbye then went back over to the apartment. Braelyn and Sapphire gathered their things and headed home. Dylan had spent yet another night drinking his life away. A couple hours after they left, Jaycee’s mom came home from work. Her mom looked exactly like her, except a little over two decades older and auburn hair that was graying at the roots.

“Hey, Jaycee. I’m home,” she said as she shut the door behind her.

“Hey, Ma. There’s leftover pancakes and French toast in the microwave for you.”

“Thanks, kid,” Jaycee bowed her head. “How were things last night?”

“Fine. Landen’s girlfriend was in town, and she brought her little sister, who’s around my age. Sapphire said I’d be good for Braelyn since she’s still in the closet, so she basically set us up. She spent the night here while Sapphire and Landen hung out. I made breakfast for them then they split after.”

“So, are you and Landen’s girlfriend’s sister a thing now?”

“Yep. Made it official this morning.”

“Does Dylan know?”

“Yeah. He came over last night, and she told him. He looked kinda upset about it.”

“Jaycee, don’t you think that if he was upset about you having a new girlfriend, maybe he’s still in love with you?”

            Jaycee took a sip from the bottle of Pepsi she cracked just before her mom got home. Dylan had told her he would always love her and care for her when he came over that one day after their break up. She wanted him to ask for her back if he wanted her back like he said he did. Clearly, he wasn’t going to, so she moved on.

“If he was, he would’ve asked me to take him back by now. I’m with someone else now. His loss,” she took another sip of her soda. “I’m going upstairs.”

“Okay,” she climbed the stairs to her bedroom.

            She shut the door behind her, and set her soda on her desk. She turned on her radio, and started rocking out to Snow White’s Poison Bite. It was one of her favorite bands. She had a white rabbit with red eyes named after the lead vocals, and a pair of white jeans covered in fake blood to match Jeremy’s.

“She hates him for what he did to her so kill, kill I know you will take him to his grave you’ll make him pay she loved him he’ll get what he deserves so kill, kill I know you will,” the radio blared. “Get your revenge you’ll take him to his grave Hollywood made a killing machine she’s like a teenage slaughter movie scene a serial killer celebrity now stop.”

            Jaycee had dressed up like the girl that is profiled as “Kristy Killings” that Jeremy sings about in their first album, The Story of Kristy Killings. She grew her hair out, and dyed it completely black just for Dylan’s senior prom. She had worn a black knee-high spaghetti strapped dress with a thin ribbon wrapped around her waist and three-inch high heels. No doubt she had worn her snake bites just because it was a full formal event. For Halloween that year, she let her hair grow out to her natural color, and dressed up in her “blood-splattered” white jeans, Misfits T-shirt, black high tops and Misfits makeup.

“You’ll kill him with a sharp blade through his chest you will, will I know you will take him to his life one last breath ends the day she loved him he’ll get what he deserves,” Jaycee sang along. “So kill, kill I know you will get your revenge you’ll take him to his grave Hollywood made a killing machine she’s like a teenage slaughter movie scene a serial killer celebrity oh my fucking god!”

            She picked up the black Ibanez electric guitar next to her desk, and plugged the amp into the wall then into the guitar. She had learned most of their songs on guitar and drums, and she knew almost all of them by heart. She jumped on her bed, and started strumming along.

“Take your last breath because death is romance you can kill him now you will feel much better you can be together for now and forever we were meant to be I love you darling can you see Kristy let’s go let’s start the killing Kristy let’s go let’s end the living Kristy let’s go let’s start the killing Kristy let’s go let’s end the living Kristy let’s go let’s start the killing Kristy let’s go let’s end the living Kristy let’s go let’s start the killing Kristy let’s go let’s end the living dear, Kristy, Kristy Killings kill, kill, kill I know you will, will, will get your revenge in the end.”

            Jaycee’s mom was downstairs at the kitchen counter, still eating the leftovers from breakfast and sipping a cappuccino. She shook her as she listened to her daughter scream the lyrics to the song and jump around while playing her guitar. She was used to everything Jaycee was doing now because she did all that when she was her age. She blew out a sigh of relief when the music, banging and guitar playing stopped and Jaycee finally shut up.

“Mom! I’m dying my hair again!” she called from upstairs.

“Okay!” her mom called back. “Dear lord that child.”

______________________________________________________________________

Kristy Killings by Snow White's Poison Bite!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnKrScJzhkY

Y'all should know by now what to do. :)