Chapter 8

In the morning, after they woke up, Jaycee took Dylan home. He told his parents he was spending the night at Landen's after him and Jaycee got tired of spending their anniversary together, and she told her parents she was spending the weekend with her friend, Hazel. She pulled into the driveway of a large yellow three-story house. Her boyfriend stopped over before work. He was getting ready to leave when she pulled into the driveway. When she stepped out of the truck, she noticed they were making out on her porch.

"Hey, yo, man!" she yelled.

"Really, Jaycee?" Hazel's boyfriend, Brennan, yelled.

            Hazel was hot as hell in Jaycee's eyes. She was a little taller with dark brown hair and eyes. He was a little taller than her with light brown hair and hazel eyes. They looked so cute together. They have been together for six months.

"Yeah. Go to work, Brennan. Before you get her and me in trouble."

"That's the last thing you want," Hazel said.

"Yeah. Especially since I said I was spending the weekend. The last thing I need is my parents finding out where I was last night."

"That's your problem. I'll see you later, babe. I gotta get to work."

"'Kay," she kissed him. "Call me later."

"I will. Love you."

"Love you too. Bye," he got in his car and left.

"I wanna hear everything about yesterday," Hazel squeaked. "And every other anniversary. You never told me."

"Because you were too busy yackin' about Brennan."

            Both girls walked inside. Hazel went up to her room, while Jaycee went into the kitchen to get some soda and make popcorn. When she finished, she went up to Hazel's room. Her room had hot pink and green walls with a leopard print design on the walls that were covered in pictures of her, Brennan and her friends and posters of Black Veil Brides everywhere. Hazel was laying on her bed with a remote in her hand, flipping through songs on her iPod that was connected to a small speaker.

"I brought food and drink," Jaycee kicked the door shut with her foot, and set the bowl of popcorn and cans of soda on the end table.

"Yay. Now start talking. I wanna hear everything about you and Dylan. Starting with how you met all the way down to this morning."

"My god. That's a year's worth of talking," she popped a piece of popcorn in her mouth.

"Then tell me about what y'all did for your anniversaries! Each and every single one! Every detail!"

"Okay. For our one-month anniversary, we couldn't do anything, so he bought me a custom cartilage ring. The balls are red with a black 'J' and a blue 'D' on each one," she brushed her hair behind her ear to reveal her cartilage ring.

"Oh, my god! That is so cool!" she cracked open her soda, and took a sip. "So, what did you do for him?"

"I drew him a picture of a rose with a ribbon wrapped around it that had his full name on it," she ate another piece of popcorn. "Um, for our second anniversary, I made him lunch, and I cut his sandwich in half then cut each half to make our first initials. He made me cupcakes, and with a letter on each one. So when you pulled them all together, it spelled 'Happy second anniversary, Jaycee.' Then after the second 'e', he put a 'less than' symbol on one, and a three on another to look like a heart."

"That is so romantic, and sounds so delicious."

"It was, they were, and it took a week and a half to eat all thirty."

"Thirty?!" Hazel's eyes bugged at the amount of cupcakes.

            Dylan knew that Jaycee wanted something so romantic, and sweet for their anniversary. Especially since she was having problems that week. So he decided to make her chocolate cupcakes with pink and white frosting and each letter or symbol in red or blue.

"Yeah. They were amazing. I ate all of them by myself. Anyway, for our third month anniversary, we went down to the lake, and camped out down there. For our fourth month, he slept over because my parents were out of town, and they didn't want me home alone. I asked them if Dylan could sleep over as long as Landen did, and they were fine with that. So they came over, and we hung out and other stuff. Then Landen got drunk, and passed out on my couch, which wasn't the best thing because Dylan and I ended up drawing all over him," she cracked open her soda, and took a swig.

"That must've been fun," Hazel shoveled a handful of popcorn in her mouth.

"It was. His mom hadn't met me when his dad did, so we spent our fifth month anniversary having dinner with his parents. I kinda get along with his dad now, and his mom likes me to an extent. Sixth month, ha had m over, and made me dinner," she trailed off, and started smiling.

"Why are you smiling?" Hazel gasped, and her eyes got wider. "Oh, my god! What did you do?! What did y'all say?! Tell me!"

"When I got there, he told me he wanted it to be an anniversary neither of us would forget because he told me he loves me."

"Oh, my god! Did you say it back?!"

"Yes!" they both squealed. "Then after dinner, before we had dessert, we had sex!" Jaycee squealed again.

"Oh, my god! How was it?! What was it like?!"

"Oh, my god! Don't ask me fifty million questions at once! But, um, it was pretty amazing, and the room was filled with rose pedals and candles and romantic music and oh, my god. It was better than any girl I've ever been with."

"You were probably high off your ass or in a drunken haze or something every time you were with a girl."

"Not every time. But drunk and or high or sober, it wasn't even as close to Dylan."

            Even though Dylan and Jaycee promised to never keep secrets from each other, he didn't know she used to drink or do drugs. She usually did when she had just gotten out of a bad relationship, and always went to a club with one of her friends that were gay or bi.

"Wow. I want that with Brennan. I want him to be the one guy I'm with forever, and I want him to be the one guy that I have a better relationship with than every other guy."

"At least you know that you have someone there for you. If he ever hurts you, just remember: if he does, I will castrate him with a spoon," they both laughed.

"Keep talking. I wanna hear about the rest of your wonderful anniversaries. I bet they were more magical than everyone before."

"You have no idea."