Chapter 19

The house was practically empty the next morning. McKenzie crashed on the couch, and Hazel was asleep by the pool. Jaycee and Cole crashed after their evening. When she woke up, she had a killer headache and the hangover from hell. She sat up on the bed, and looked over to find Cole sound asleep next to her. She didn't remember much about the night before, and from the way it looked, she and Cole had sex.

"Cole, wake up," he groaned, and stirred a bit. "Cole, wake the fuck up."

"Huh? What?" he stretched. "What time is it?"

"Eleven," she looked at her phone.

"Holy shit," he jumped up, and started to get dressed.

"What happened last night?"

"I guess we had sex last night."

"You guess or we did?"

"We did. We were makin' out, and one thing led to another. I don't know about you, but I liked it. Even if you were completely wasted and high," he put his shirt on.

            Jaycee may not have been able to remember the previous night, but she could remember everything that Dylan had said to her. He didn't approve of how she dealt with things, and he didn't say he wanted her back, which meant she had to move on. She took a deep breath, afraid of how what she was about to say would turn out.

"I think I did too," he smiled. "We should totally do it again."

"I thought I would've been a one night stand."

"What makes you say that?" she put her dress back on.

"Well, you have a habit of getting high or drunk and having one night stands," he helped her zip up her dress. "It's a shock that you'd screw me more than once. Especially since you're a lesbian."

"You're telling me you don't wanna do it again?"

"No, I would like to, but do you honestly think last night would've happened if we were both sober, and you weren't going through a bad break up with Dylan?"

"Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry, Cole," he took a couple steps forward.

"I really do like you, Jaycee," he touched her cheek. "But I think you're only doing this because of Dylan. I think you should finish getting over him, and if you wanna get together or something, come find me."

"I will, but can you do me a favor?" she said softly.

"Kiss you?" she nodded slowly.

            He stared into her eyes for a few more moments, trying to decide if he should or not. She stared back, regretting telling him to kiss her. He moved towards her slowly, and she closed the gap between them. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and he wrapped his around her waist. She pulled away as fast as she closed the gap.

"I better go. See ya, Cole," she went downstairs to find Mckenzie and Hazel.

"Bye, Jaycee," he said as she disappeared.

            She looked around the kitchen and living room. They were cluttered with empty cups, bottles and cans and bongs. There were people passed out on the floor, tables, counter and couch. There was an unconscious body or two one the stairs as well. None of the sleeping bodies were Mckenzie or Hazel’s.

            She went outside to find the yard less of a mess than the house, but it didn’t stop people from passing out on the porch, the lawn chairs, and the ground and even on top of cars. She walked out to the driveway to find Mckenzie and Hazel standing next to her mom’s Porsche. Hazel looked like she had the hangover from hell, which was understandable because of how much she was drinking. Mckenzie looked more pissed that she was woken up. Jaycee stumbled over to the car.