Chapter 4

That weekend was Dylan and Jaycee's anniversary. He found a way to get rid of his parents, so he could have her over for dinner. He finished cooking the dinner he made, and ran upstairs to his room to change from his T-shirt and shorts into a pair of black jeans and a light blue dress shirt. After he got dressed, he ran back downstairs to the bathroom to put gel in his hair.

"It's okay, Dylan. Don't be afraid to tell her you love her. She wants you to tell her," he looked at himself in the mirror. "Just calm down, and think about the fact that she loves you too."

            He walked back out to the kitchen to set the table, and make sure everything was ready for his dinner with Jaycee.

"Everything looks perfect," the doorbell rang. "Here we go," he opened the door. "Hey, Jay."

"Hey, Dylan," she kissed him then went inside.

            She looked around his house, looking for how Dylan was suppose to make their anniversary so special. She found the answer in the kitchen. She noticed that the table was set, dinner was on the table, and he even had a couple candles lit. She turned to look at Dylan with a huge grin on her face.

"Awww, Dylan. It's so beautiful."

"I knew you'd like it. This is just for you."

"Like it? I love it. I love that you would do something like this just for me."

"Well, Jaycee, I really wanted this anniversary to be more special that any other anniversary."

"Why?"

"Because you're an amazing girlfriend. You're also so very special, and the best girlfriend I've ever had. I hope one day, we can look back at this, and say it was one of the best memories we've had since we've been together," he took a deep breath. "What I'm trying to say is I hope that one day if we get married and have kids, we can tell them how special our six-month anniversary was."

"What's making it so special, Dylan?"

"It's so special because it's the day I said three important words to you for the first time. Three important words that could possibly determine our future together. The same words I hope you'll say back," he took another breath. "I love you, Jaycee."

"I love you too, Dylan," she kissed him.

            He wrapped his arms around her waist, and hers around his neck, pulling them closer together. He rubbed her back, and she rubbed the back of his neck. Jaycee smiled into the kiss, making him smile as well.

"I'm really lucky to have you," Dylan said.

"So am I," she kissed him again.

"Jaycee, I know you're just a sophomore, and I'm a senior, but I wanna spend the rest of my life with you. I want you to marry me as soon as you graduate."

"I will," she stroked his cheek with her thumb.

"Yes!" he jumped up and down, making Jaycee laugh.

"You are such a dork," he stopped jumping.

"Your dork."

"Point taken," Jaycee smiled more.

"We better eat before dinner gets cold, and I have to make it again," he pushed her towards the table.

"Okay," he pulled the chair out, and she sat down. "Thank you, Dylan."

"You're welcome, my beautiful Jaycee," he sat down across from his girlfriend.

            After forty-five minutes, they were finished eating. Dylan cleared the table of their dishes from dinner, and put them in the sink. After taking care of the dishes, Dylan pulled strawberries, whipped cream and sponge cakes from the refrigerator, and set everything on the table.

"Strawberry shortcake?" Jaycee's face lit up. "Why would you make strawberry shortcake for dessert? You hate cake."

"But I love you, Jaycee. Like I said earlier, you're a special girl, and I wanted this to be a special anniversary."

"Well, you most certainly did," she kissed his cheek. "I'll make this anniversary more special after dessert."

"How could this anniversary get anymore special?"

            Jaycee reached into her bra, and pulled out a small yellow packet. Dylan looked at it like it was a foreign object. After a few minutes, He gave up trying to figure out what it was.

"What is it?"

"Really, Dylan? Your parents never taught you about protection?"

"No."

"You're so lucky I know how to use it."

"Probably."