Chapter 16 *2 Months Later*

Jaycee had a hard time dealing with the break up. Dylan had a more carless way of dealing with it. He realized he made a mistake, and Landen kept rubbing it in his face that he was right. Jaycee, on the other hand, made it pretty clear that she was depressed and heartbroken from the break up, and everyone was afraid to go near her. Landen saw how bad she became, and it nearly killed him that his little sister was so depressed. Dylan thought about trying to get her back, but he didn’t know if it was a good idea.

“How is she?” he asked Landen as he walked through the front door of her apartment.

“She hasn’t brushed her teeth or showered in a couple weeks. Her room has tissues and empty ice cream cartons and food wrappers everywhere. Basically she’s a homeless person who has a home, and she smells like an old dead fish. How do you think she’s doing?” Dylan took a shot of his bottle of whiskey.

“Better than me,” he held up the bottle.

“How she looks is better than how she acts. You’re doing better than she’s doing.”

“You just said she looks like a homeless person that has a home, and she smells like an old dead fish. I’m eighteen, and on the verge of becoming an alcoholic because I made the mistake of breaking up with the woman I love,” he took another swig.

“You’re fault. I told you not to do that, and you did it anyway. But she is doing worse than you are.”

“How?” Landen took a step towards Dylan.

“She got expelled because every time someone asked her if she was okay, or even looked at her wrong, she broke their arm. If she got bitched at for refusing to do her schoolwork, she’d flip a desk. She went back to drinking and doing drugs. Not too long after you broke up with her, Mckenzie decided to take her to s strip club. She had a random hook up that night because she was completely wasted and higher than a goddamn kite. She hasn’t done that since before she got with you,” Dylan took another sip of his whiskey.

            He never knew she drank or did drugs after getting out of a bad relationship, especially ones like theirs. She drank a beer or a couple shots of whiskey once in a while, but not enough to get wasted. He knew that she smoked cigarettes on occasion, but he didn’t know she did drugs. She stays clean for as long as the relationship lasts. As soon as it ends, if it’s a bad one, she goes back to partying her ass off, underage drinking, doing drugs and screwing around. He knew she slept with a few girls too, but he didn’t know she randomly screwed around.

“She drinks and does drugs? I never knew that.”

It’s only when she gets out of a bad relationship, or goes through a bad break up from a good relationship.”

“How many times has she done that?” he set the bottle down.

“She had a pretty good one not too long before she got with you, but she broke that off because her girlfriend didn’t speak to her for half the time they were together. The drinking-parting-random hook up-drug habit wasn’t as bad as right now. God only knows if she’s with a one night stand or Mckenzie right now,” Landen quickly shut his mouth.”

“Mckenzie?” Dylan choked out.

            There were times Jaycee went to Mckenzie when she was in a bad relationship, and she wanted to cheat on her girlfriend. Sometimes, when she had a good break up from a bad relationship, she ran to Mckenzie. She got her drugs from her, and they had a friends with benefits thing going. Kind of like a night in the bedroom for a bag of weed or cocaine or whatever she wanted. Mckenzie wasn’t the reason the reason she was out partying and getting drunk and high and screwing around. Jaycee was doing that way before she met Mckenzie.