Chapter 6 *2 Months Later*

Two months later was Dylan and Jaycee's one year anniversary. Dylan stood in his room, looking in the mirror while getting ready for their date. He took a deep breath and sighed.

"Today's the day. One year with the most beautiful girl in the world," he smiled. "A year of challenges, a year of obstacles, a year of happiness."

            He threw on a red T-shirt and a black, white and grey button down and black Converse. He examined himself in the mirror. He noticed his hair was messed up, so he ran downstairs to the bathroom to fix it. He put some hair gel in, and he was fine. It wasn't until the doorbell rang that he got nervous again.

"Don't be nervous, Dylan. Don't be nervous. It's been a year. You got as far as this. The rest of our lives should be easier," he opened the door. "Hey, Jaycee. Happy anniversary."

"Happy anniversary," she kissed her. "You look good."

"You look better," they both laughed.

            He smiled and skimmed over her black skinny jeans, long-sleeve shirt with thumb holes and a skeleton design on it and black high tops. He brushed a long strand of hai9r out of her eyes, and kissed her softly. She had never looked more beautiful in his eyes. Especially now that her hair was their favorite colors, symbolizing how much she loved that they were together.

"You ready to go?" she asked.

"Yeah. Let's go," Dylan shut the door to his house, and they walked out to Jaycee's truck.

            Jaycee had gotten a Chevy pickup for her birthday. Dylan's seen it before, but he had seen it before she had it painted. This would be the first time he's seen it since she had it repainted. It was a white truck when she got it. She took it to school to have it painted blue with black and white checkered racing stripes.

"Looks good, honey."

"Thanks, babe. I did it myself."

"By yourself?" he raised an eyebrow.

By myself," she confirmed. "I wouldn't let anyone else help me. I didn't trust the boys. They would've screwed it up."

"I love a woman who can do something like that by herself," he threw an arm around her shoulder.

"I know," she smiled. "Now get in the truck."

"Yes, ma'am," he opened the driver side door for her.

"Thank you, Dylan," she got in the truck.

"You're welcome, my lady," he got in on the passenger side.

            He looked around the truck for the new improvements she made to the truck. It looked like she didn't change much. The seats were the same as when she got the truck, black and fuzzy. She put a flame-design cover on the steering wheel, and put in floor mats with red roses on them. He noticed the new stereo then turned to look at the back seat to find speakers.

"You are the perfect woman for me."

"I know."

"When did you put the speakers in?'

"Yesterday. That's why I said I couldn't talk for long periods of time. I took my truck out for a spin after putting them in. They work great."

"Really?"

"Yeah," she put on 'Dead Bite' by Hollywood Undead.

            Dylan had to agree the speakers worked great. They did exactly what she wanted them to do: make the truck vibrate. Jaycee was what he was hoping she'd be, and everything about her proved that she was the right girl for him. She was his, and nothing was going to change that.

"I love you, Jaycee."

"I love you too, Dylan," he stroked her hand with his thumb. "You know what we should do?"

"What?"

"You know those photo booths at the mall?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"We should take a whole bunch of pictures of us together then split them up, so we both have a memory of this day."

"Sounds like a good idea."

"That's the point."

________________________________________________________________________

And this is where the music begins. "Dead Bite" by Hollywood Undead. In case you haven't figured it out by now, they're my favorite band. Anyway, here's the link to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dma6gGhbHg

Enjoy!