Chapter 12

After Jaycee was done cooking dinner, she ran upstairs to quickly change. She changed out of her black skinny jeans and Linkin Park T-shirt into blue skinny jeans, a grey T-shirt with a white cross and wings on the back and her black knee-high Converse. She quickly restraightened her hair, and braided the under layers to look like rat tails. She set everything out on the table then ran to the apartment.

"Knock-knock," she sang and started drumming on the door.

"Hello, Jaycee!" Landen exclaimed as he tried walking out of the house, literally, through the door.

"Landen, have you been drinking?"

"Little bit," he whispered.

"Where's Dylan?"

"Dylan! There's a chick out here with blue and black hair looking for you! She looks a lot like Jaycee!" he yelled, making her laugh.

"That's because it is Jaycee, Landen," he came outside. "Hey, babe."

"Hi," she kissed him. "Ready?"

"Yep. Landen, try not to get too wasted. Call if you need anything."

"I will!" he exclaimed. "Wait. There's something I need to tell you guys."

"Is it bad?" Jaycee asked.

"No," he stumbled over to them. "I just wanted to tell y'all that I love you guys," he wrapped his arms around Dylan and Jaycee.

"We love you too, buddy," Dylan said.

"Y'all better go. Happy anniversary, guys!"

"Thanks, Landen," they walked to Jyacee's.

            When they got there, she had dinner set out and a couple candles lit. Dylan turned to Jaycee, but she was in the living room, putting music on. He walked up behind her, and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I love you," she told him.

"I love you too," he kissed her neck.

"When I was younger I saw my daddy cry and curse at the wind it broke his own heart and I watched as he tried to reassemble it and my mama swore that she would never let herself forget," the radio sang. "And that was the day that I promised that I's never sing of love if it did not exist."

"But darlin' you are the only exception you are the only exception," Jaycee sand along. "You are the only exception you are the only exception."

"We better eat," Dylan pulled her back into the kitchen.

"I know you like chicken, so I made you some," he took a bite.

"Pretty good, babe."

"Thanks," she smiled.

"Jaycee," he took her hand. "I love you, and I wanna be with you forever."

"So do I," she smiled, and tears filled her eyes.

"I don't wanna be with anyone but you and I promise I won't ever leave you."

            Dylan had decided not too long after they first got together that he didn't wanna be with anyone but her. He would do anything to make sure she was happy in their relationship, so they would be together the rest of their lives. She was the only one for him, and nothing was gonna change that.

"Neither will I," she promised.

            He got up then went into the living room to put on "Your Guardian Angel" by the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. That was their song. It made Jaycee think of him for some weird reason, and it described Dylan's feelings for him.

"Dance with me," he offered her his hand, and she accepted.

"I will never let you fall I'll stand up with you forever I'll be ther for you through it all even if saving you sends me to Heaven," he kissed her temple. "'Cause you're my, you're my, my my true love, my whole life please don't throw that away 'cause I'm here for you please don't walk away please tell me you'll stay."

"I would do anything to make you happy, Jaycee, and I would do anything to keep you with me," she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Use me as you will pull my strings just for a thrill and I know I'll be okay though my skies are turning grey I will never let you fall I'll stand up with you forever I'll be there for you through it all, even if saving you sends me to Heaven I will never let you fall I'll stand up with you forever I'll be there for you through it all even if saving you sends me to Heaven," the music faded.

______________________________________________________________________

Double song for this chapter!

The Only Exception by Paramore and Your Guardian Angel by the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J7J_IWUhls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Em4fUOrZo