Chapter 5 *4 Months Later*

Four months after their six-month anniversary, Dylan and Jaycee were still together. One Saturday night in January, they were lying in his bed, snuggled under the sheets. Dylan had an arm around her with her head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"Still cold?"

"A little," she lied.

            Dylan pulled her closer, their bodies touching. He softly rubbed her back, making her smile. He kissed her nose, and smiled back at her.

"I love you, Jaycee."

"I love you too, Dylan."

"Wanna go for round two?"

"No. I just wanna lay here a little longer."

"Okay. Whatever you want."

"I want a piece of pie."

"You got it," he jumped up, and went to his door. "Apple?"

"You know it," he went downstairs.

            Jaycee looked around the room for something to amuse herself with. On the closet door, she found a dart board. She stood up, and began throwing them at the board. A few minutes later, Dylan returned with a piece of pie and a glass of water. He quietly stood behind her, watching her every throw. She finally noticed he was there when she retrieved the darts.

"This is why I think you're the perfect girl for me."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I never met a girl who can play darts as well as you can. At least now we can see who can play darts better, and then have those really weird cute couple fights."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Back in bed. And give me my pie," she snatched the plate from him.

"Yes, dear," he climbed back in bed.

            She set the plate on the table, and continued playing darts. After she finished that round, she put the darts back in the basket, and climbed back in bed. She covered her legs, and ate her pie. After she finished her pie, she put the plate back on the table, and laid back down next to Dylan.

"How was your pie?"

"It was delicious."

"Thank you. I made it just for you."

"You're the sweetest."

"I know," he wrapped his arms around her waist. "And you're amazing."

"I know," she giggled.

            Dylan rested his head on top of Jaycee's, and pulled her closer to his body. He was happy to have Jaycee in his arms like that. The room was silent, except for the rhythm of their heartbeats and breathing. Neither of them cared how quiet it was. As long as they were with each other.

            Jaycee snuggled closer to his body, trying to stay warm. He bent his head, and kissed the top of her's. He held her tighter, never wanting to let her go. Soon after, Jaycee became too comfortable, and started dozing off. Dylan noticed not too long after, and tried his best not to let her.

"If you're gonna sleep, you might as well spend the night."

"I can't. I want to, but I can't. The only way I can stay is if I fall alseep, and miss curfew. Are you doing this on purpose?"

"Maybe," he started rubbing her back.

"Fi ne. I'll see if I can stay. I'll just say I'm spending the night at Mckenzie's, but I'll stay here."

"Yay!" he kissed her cheek.

            She reached over, and picked her phone up off the table. She sent a quick text to her mom, telling her that she wasn't going home that night. Her mom said it was okay, and told her to come home the next day.

"There. I'm staying. Can I sleep now?"

"Nope."

"But you're putting me to sleep!"

"But I like holding you."

"But you're putting me to sleep!" she repeated.

"Fine," he climbed off the bed, and walked over to his T.V. "We are gonna play video games."

"Are you only doing this so I can kick your ass again?" she sat up.

"No. I just love playing games with my girlfriend because it's something we can do together as a couple. You just happen to be better than me at most of them."

"And I don't even play the games you do, and I'm better at them than you."

"We'll see. Modern Warfare 3. Loser caters to the winner's every whim."

"You're on."

            Dylan handed her a controller then sat on his bed next to her. He set the remote down, and pulled Jaycee onto his lap. She smiled at the memory of kicking his ass at several video games when she went to his house for the first time. At the thought of that, she leaned up, and kissed her boyfriend.