Chapter 23

The next morning, Jaycee was awakened by the sun shining through her window. She checked the time on her phone, and saw that it was nine thirty. Braelyn was still sound asleep next to her. Slowly, she slipped out of bed, being careful not to wake Braelyn, and put her T-shirt and underwear back on. She quietly disappeared into the bathroom, and looked in the mirror. She had crazy sex hair and hickeys and bite marks all over her neck and collarbone.

            She smiled at the little bit of evidence that was left from her night with Braelyn. Normally, she would at least try to get rid of Braelyn by now, but she didn’t want to. She thought back to what she said to Dylan about Braelyn having all the qualities she looked for in a girl. She may not have been entirely sober, but she was sober enough to see that if Dylan had been a girl, she would’ve felt the same way about Braelyn that she had about Dylan. Braelyn was dylan in female form.

“I could get used to this,” Jaycee said to her reflection.

“Jaycee? You awake?” Braelyn called from the bedroom.

“In the bathroom!” she called back.

            She heard footsteps outside the bathroom. She turned and looked at the doorway to see Braelyn next to the door. Her eyes flew to Jaycee’s neck and she smirked. Jaycee smiled and turned back to the mirror. Braelyn stepped behind her, and brushed the hair away that was covering the marks she had left last night.

“Damn. I’m guessing you enjoyed last night?” Braelyn asked her.

“Hell yeah I did,” she kissed Braelyn. “Last night was the best night I had in a long time.”

“Since you were with Dylan?” Jaycee nodded. “Do you still have feelings for him?”

“Please. We’ve been apart for three months now. Do you honestly think I would’ve let last night happen? Or told him it wasn’t a good time to be over when he came over?”

“You did invite him in, and offer him a drink.”

“And I told him I’m with you now since you decided to confirm that we were a thing,” she swept all her hair into a braid that rested on her left shoulder.

“You didn’t have to go along with it. You could’ve told him the truth.”

“Then he probably would’ve thought he still had a chance at getting me back. I don’t want him back,” she turned to face Braelyn. “Do you wanna be my girlfriend or not?”

“Yeah,” she kissed Jaycee and she smiled.

“Come on. I’ll make you some breakfast.”

“Can’t we have morning sex then breakfast?” Braelyn joked.

“After breakfast, we can,” she whispered in Braelyn’s ear.

            Jaycee grabbed Braelyn’s hand, and led her downstairs. Braelyn sat down on the stool while Jaycee searched around the kitchen for stuff to make pancakes. She set everything on the counter then got Braelyn a can of soda. After that, she went into the living room to put music on.

“Everything’s so blurry and everyone’s so empty and everything is so messed up preoccupied without you I cannot live at all my whole world surrounds you I stumble then I crawl you could be someone you could be my scene you know that I’ll protect you from all of the obscene,” Jaycee sang as she walked back into the kitchen. “I wonder what you’re doing imagine where you are there’s oceans in between us but that’s not very far.”

“I love it. My girlfriend’s making me breakfast,” Jaycee cracked the eggs and poured the milk and pancake mix into the bowl.

“How do you like your pancakes? Chocolate chip, blueberry, filled with chocolate syrup?”

“Blueberries and chocolate chips,” Jaycee threw a handful of chocolate chips and blueberries in the bowl and mixed it in.

“Everyone is changing there’s no one left that’s real to make up your own ending and let me know just how you feel ‘cause I am lost without you I cannot live at all my whole world surrounds you I stumble then I crawl and you can be my someone you can be my scene you know that I’ll save you from all of the unclean,” the music played as Jaycee made breakfast. “I wonder what you’re doing I wonder where you are there’s oceans in between us but that’s not very far.”

            Jaycee had just flipped the pancakes onto the plate when she heard a knock at the door. She turned to see Landen and Sapphire standing outside. Braelyn got up, and let them in then took her place at the counter.

“Hey, guys. I’m making pancakes for breakfast. Y’all want some?”

“Sure,” they said in unison, and Jaycee slid Braelyn her plate.

“Nobody told me what you thought nobody told me what to say everybody showed me where to turn told you when to run away nobody told you where to hide nobody told you what to say everyone showed you where to turn showed you when to run away.”

______________________________________________________________________

Blurry! By Puddle of Mudd! You know where the link is by now. Click it! And oter buttons around here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJJsoquu70o