Epilogue

As planned, Jaycee was buried in the cemetery she liked to hang out at. Dylan was buried right next to her. Landen had come home that day to find Dylan dead. He explained to the coroner that him and Jaycee had broken up, and she had found out she was pregnant. He also said that it was possible he had killed himself because she had an abortion or something. Her parents told him that Dylan had told them that Jaycee hung herself. Then everything made sense.

The coroner confirmed that Dylan had committed suicide, and said it was possible he killed himself because the love of his life had just before he did. Landen told her parents that he found a book in Dylan's room with her name on it, and he thought the last entry was a suicide note. He read it out loud, and her mother started crying. Her daughter was pregnant, and she died with the baby still inside her. Now she'd never get to be a grandmother because she killed herself before she told her parents she was pregnant.

Later that day, the coroner had told her parents that she was two weeks pregnant. La den told them that Dylan knew she was pregnant, and she only would've had the baby if Dylan asked her to take him back so they could raise their baby together. Nobody but Landen, Dylan, Hazel, and get parents knew that she was pregnant. His parents didn't even bother with his funeral. Jaycee's parents planned his burial, and Landen gave them the money from his bank account to pay for some of his expense.

Their coffins were buried next to each other, and they shared a headstone. Nobody really went to the funeral. It was just her parents and their really close friends. Landen strung Sapphire along, and Braelyn just came because she really cared about Jaycee. Hazel was upset mostly because her best friend was buried six feet underground, and she wasn't even a month along with her god kid. Braelyn felt that it was somehow her fault, but she was pretty curious about when she got pregnant at the same time.

Landen packed up all of Dylan's stuff after the funeral except for a few choice items. Jaycee's parents donated most of her stuff. They kept her desk, and used it for the memorial they were turning her room into. Hazel added the day Jaycee found out she was pregnant and the date her and Dylan died onto their timeline, and put the photo album on her desk. Her mom cut up all her favorite shirts, and sewn them together to make the backdrop for the memorial. She did the same thing with Dylan's. The memorial was lined in things that were between them with their own separate linings.

Jaycee's side had pictures of her and Hazel and Landen. Dylan's side had the picture Jaycee had drawn him for their one month anniversary. Each side had something they both cherished. Jaycee's guitar was placed next to her desk, Dylan didn't really cherish any of his things anymore except whatever he had with Jaycee.

During the funeral, Landen slid the engagement ring Dylan was gonna five to Jaycee on her finger. He figured it was what Dylan would have wanted. Her parents had her body dressed in her prom dress, and Dylan was dressed in the same suit he wore the night he broke up with her.

After the funeral, Sapphire and Braelyn went back to Landen's apartment, while him and Hazel went back to Jaycee's parents house with the memorial.

After a while, Jaycee parents became foster parents to try to fill the void of losing their only child. They turned the spare bedrooms into rooms for the foster kids, but they never let them near Jaycee's room. Sapphire and Braelyn moved in with Landen since he was living in an apartment that was for two people, and he was all alone in it after Dylan died. Hazel constantly visited Dylan and Jaycee's graves, but it was usually in birthdays and holidays. She even kept track of Jaycee's pregnancy, and went to their graves on the day she guessed Jaycee would've had the baby. She must've really wanted her godkid.

She pretended it was a girl, like Jaycee was hoping it would be, and naked her Annemarie. She figured Jaycee would've wanted the baby to have a name that wasn't totally normal. She knew that Jaycee, Dylan and the baby were all together In heaven, being the little family they wanted to be all along. She believed that the two years they were together was preparing them for this. They weren't together on earth, but they were together again.