Prologue

Rachel's pov

Hi, my name is Rachel Berry and I'm 16, I study at McKinley and I am part of the glee club, I'm on the sophomore year. I'm dating Jesse St. James for a year, in the first 6 months he were a dream, the boy all girls dream but when he transferred from Carmel High to McKinley was when everything started to happen, he started to be a crazy jealous boyfriend, and to hit me. I know it's wrong of me to not tell anyone about this, but what will happen? Jesse would probably kill me.

My parents have no idea about that cause they're never home because of their job and my friends have no idea either. Every time Jesse left a bruise I usually covers with tons of make up and clothes.

I grab my car keys and drive to school to another day. "I hope Jesse isn't mad today" it's all I think. I get in school, park my car and get in school and go to my locker, when I get there Jesse is waiting for me with a smile on his face, when he isn't being crazy he is such a good guy. I smile back to him and his smile grow bigger.

"Good morning Rach." He said and kissed my cheek.

"Morning Jesse." I said smiling.

"I'm sorry about yesterday, I promise that I will never do that again." He said and I sighed then nod.

"It's okay, I forgive you." I said forcing a smile and he hugged me and I hug him back.

The whole school know that we date, everyone think that we are a happy couple but we are not, definitely not. But when is about to keep appearances, Jesse is the king. In front of people he can easily pretend that he is the best boyfriend ever, the sweetest and kindest guy on Earth but when we are alone, just I can see the real Jesse, the one who when is angry the eyes get dark and full with anger, the one who doesn't think twice before hitting me.

After a day of boring classes it's finally time for Glee Club, I love glee club. Correction, I used to love glee club before Jesse join. I don't sing often cause when I sing, I want to sing my feelings out and with Jesse in the room the only feeling I have is...fear. I walk in the choir room hand in hand with Jesse and sit next to him, today he is being good, I wonder how much "Good Jesse" will least.

"Okay everyone! Today we are going to start to talk about sectionals!!!" Mr.Schue said excited. "Does anyone have any suggestions?"

The room stayed quiet until Santana decide to talk "Okay, we all know that we just work when Berry give the ideas." Santana said and everyone looks to me.

"Sorry, not today." I mumbled but loud enough to everyone hear.

"Wow, that's new." She said.

People started to give ideas about songs and everything. I can't even hear them, Jesse is with his arm around my shoulder, when he does that I barely breath. You probably must be wondering: Why don't you break up with him? That's actually a simple answer, cause I have fear, I am terrified all the time, I have fear that he would kill me, when he gets mad sometimes I yell back, but usually I just shut up. I know what he does is wrong, I know I should tell someone, but who I would tell? I don't have any friends and my dads are never around! I don't have proves and it's my words against his and unfortunately, it's not a secret to anyone, the society that we live today will always believe in the man, the would say that I'm just trying to get attention from my fathers or money, people sucks.

Glee Club is over and when I grab my stuff to leave Jesse hold my arms and drag me to the auditorium.

"YOU'RE SUCH A BITCH!!" He yelled at me.

"I didn't do anything!" I said back.

"YOU CHEATED ON ME!!! WITH NOAH PUCKERMAN!!!" He yelled finches away from my face and I take a step back.

"I'VE NEVER CHEATED ON YOU!" I yelled back.

"REALY SO WHY WHEN YOU WERE LEAVING THE CHOIR ROOM HE WAS STARING AT YOUR ASS?!" He yelled.

"I DON'T KNOW! MAYBE YOU SHOULD ASK HIM NOT ME!! I DON'T EVEN TALK TO PUCK! THE ONLY PERSON I TALK TODAY WERE YOU JESSE!!! STOP WITH YOUR CRAZY JEALOUS WE ALREADY TALKED ABOUT THAT!!!" I yelled and he slap me hard on the face, I put my hand on my face and look at him crying and he grab my face with one hand squeezing very hard and smashing my cheeks, I can feel my whole body shaking in fear and tears falling.

"You're a bitch, you should thank me for date you. You don't worth it, you wouldn't be nothing if you weren't with me Rachel Berry, you would be alone in life, cause no one loves you, your parents hate you so much that they don't even stay around and what about that stupid club? If you died today no one would notice, I am all you have. So stop saying shit, you're a bitch, without me you would be nothing." He said still squeezing my face and I was crying "But you know what good bitches do? They apologize and go home."

"I-I'm so-sorry." I said crying.

"Now you can go." He said and I left almost running, I was crying so hard. When I was about to get in the car I was stopped by someone... Finn Hudson?

Finn's pov

After glee club, I went to my locker to grab books and I hear yells coming from the auditorium, I immediately recognize the voices, Rachel and Jesse. They're together about a year and I've never saw they fight, but I noticed that since he moved to McKinley Rachel don't talk as much she used to do before.

"I DON'T KNOW! MAYBE YOU SHOULD ASK HIM NOT ME!! I DON'T EVEN TALK TO PUCK! THE ONLY PERSON I TALK TODAY WERE YOU JESSE!!! STOP WITH YOUR CRAZY JEALOUS WE ALREADY TALKED ABOUT THAT!!!" I heard Rachel yelling with a crying voice then I heard something that sounded exactly as a slap, oh he didn't.

"You're a bitch, you should thank me for date you. You don't worth it, you wouldn't be nothing if you weren't with me Rachel Berry, you would be alone in life, cause no one loves you, your parents hate you so much that they don't even stay around and what about that stupid club? If you died today no one would notice, I am all you have. So stop saying shit, you're a bitch, without me you would be nothing." Jesse said and I was shocked, why she never said that he was an abusive boyfriend? I used to talk a lot with Rachel before Jesse joined the school, I never understood why she got distant and now I understand. I could hear Rachel crying and I didn't do anything, I froze, what is wrong with me? He is physically and mentally abusing her, with words and beating her, how can someone be such a monster and treat someone like that?

"But you know what good bitches do? They apologize and go home." He said and I my body filled with anger, how he can treat a girl like that? He is a class A jerk.

"I-I'm so-sorry." Rachel said crying, I could feel the fear on her voice. She stormed out the auditorium and I stare she past in front of me crying. I followed her until her car and I stop her before she get in the car.

"Rachel?" I asked and she froze, then she quickly wiped her tears and turn around facing me.

"Finn...Hi. Need something?" She asked and swallow, I see she don't stop staring somewhere behind me then she finally looks to me.

"Are you okay? I know you have been crying." I asked her and she swallow.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine. I just had a fight with Jesse, typical girlfriend and boyfriend fight, no big deal, we are okay now." She said forcing a smile.

"Rachel, I heard everything, I know it wasn't a typical fight. He already hit you before?" I asked and Rachel eyes got darker, she is broken.

"Finn, is not your business. You can't hear people private conversation." She said. "I'm fine, okay? Just leave me alone."

"Don't push me away Rachel." I said.

"Finn, don't worry, I am fine. He didn't hit me, I don't know what you heard but it wasn't a slap." She said.

"Rachel, I know exactly what I heard. I know he hit you, I know you must be scared but I am not going to hurt you." I said and tried to reach her hand but she take a step back, I don't think she even thought about that, she just did, like is kind of reflex.

"Leave me alone." She said, get in her car and left.

Something is up with her, she can tell me a thousand times that she is okay but I'm still not buying it. I know there is more in this, but I also know that I can't leave Rachel Berry near Jesse St. James.