Because Of You

It's finally lunch time and I went to the only place I know I wouldn't be bothered by anyone. Not Finn. Not Jesse's notes. No glee club. I walk in the auditorium and sit besides the piano. It's been a while since I sang for the last time. Another thing that Jesse took from me.

I put my fingers on the piano and play lightly. The sound of the piano echoed in the empty auditorium and I small smiling and play a little more until I decided to play a song.

When I finished the song I just cover my face with both hands and break down crying. What is going on with me? I try to stop crying but I just can't. Then I feel strong arms pulling me to a hug and I look up to see that is Fin and that just made me cry even more.

Finn's POV

I'm here at the courtyard and Rachel isn't here. She is still mad at me and I can't blame her. I really could have choose better words to express myself.

I get off the table from glee club and they're so into a conversation that probably they didn't even noticed. And I went to look for Rachel but then I remembered. The auditorium. She always goes there when she is upset with something.

When I get in the auditorium I slowly walk in and see that she is playing a melody then she started to sing.

"I've learned in the hard way
To never let it get that far"

I know what or more especially who is she singing about. And I know she is putting her feelings out. So I decided to just shut up and watch.

"Because of you
I think is hard to trust
Not only in me
But everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid"

That part hit me like two punches, one in the middle of my face and the other in my stomach. I'm definitely a Class A jerk.

"I'm forced to fake A smile, a laugh everyday of my life"

I wonder how many times she already did that. But a smile on her face and force a laugh but she only wanted to cry.

"My heart can't possibly break
When it wasn't even whole to start with"

I see a few tears rolled her cheek while she is singing. I know that she is keeping everything to herself and once she explodes, we will never ever have the same Rachel Berry.

"And now I cry
In the middle of the night
For the same damn thing."

And after she finished the song she put the hands on her face and breaks down crying. Her back is moving up and down while she cries and I slowly walk to hard and just hug her.

I feel this urge to protect her from everything and I'm failing miserably. I hate seeing see her cry. She has such a beautiful smile and a girl as awesome as her, should just smile.

She looks up confused and when she saws that is me she cries even more. I pull her onto my lap, I don't know the half of what she have been trough this whole time.

"Shhhh. It's okay, I'm here with you." I said running my hand up and down on her back while she cried in my neck. She wipe her tears and sniffle and I kissed the top of her head softly. "It's okay." I said and she sniffle.

"I'm sorry for ruining your shirt." She said mentioning my shoulder with her makeup on it and I giggle.

"Don't worry about that." I said to her and she wipe another tear. "I'm really sorry what I have said to you yesterday." I said and she sighed.

"I know you are but... Is way more complicated than looks like. And you're the best person I ever met. You're sweet, you're kind, you're a gentleman, you're funny... You're amazing Finn, I mean it." She said and I give one of my half smiles that I know she likes it and she gives me a sad look and another tear fell from her eye.

Rachel's POV

When he gives a half smile makes my already broken heart, break even more. I know that I should stay away from him, for him. ButI don't know how to survive without Finn.

"But...I just don't know if is good for you to be around." I said and every word feels like a punch.

"What do you mean?" He asked frowning and I bit my lower lip. "I understand why you don't want to be with me romantically. But not even friends?"

"No, no. Don't you ever say that I don't want to be with you for real, as a real couple. But... It's for the best. Don't think that do this is making me happy. But you're everything for me, Finn. And I just wanna protect you." I said and another tear fell.

"Protect me from what?" He asked confused.

"From me." I said and swallow. Then I just give him a passionately kiss, I had my arms around his neck and he had his hand on my waist and I was still on his lap. After we break the kiss we stayed in silence for a while and I rest my forehead against his forehead.

"I love you." He said and pecked my lips.

"I love you too but... Goodbye." I said and left his lap and left and sighed.